View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
txstepmom

txstepmom is a splendid one to beholdtxstepmom is a splendid one to beholdtxstepmom is a splendid one to beholdtxstepmom is a splendid one to beholdtxstepmom is a splendid one to beholdtxstepmom is a splendid one to beholdtxstepmom is a splendid one to behold
Children: 10 year old step-daughter
Default Re: Step parent/step child discipline...

I respect your opinion. My personal issue with K's BM becomes more than just "she doesn't want me to spank"... it becomes a card to play by K. Her BM tells her all the time that I have no authority over her, that I'm not allowed to make decisions or discipline beyond suspending privileges. BM is one of the most manipulative people I've had the displeasure of knowing and drags her child into her dislike for both DH and I. So K thinks she can use the "my mommy said you can't spank me" excuse when she's in trouble and doesn't like the upcoming consequence, regardless of what it is. Does that make sense? It's important to us that she doesn't question authority from parents, grandparents, step parents, etc. Having that "ace" up her sleeve makes her more rebellious. So it is complicated as all blended family situations are, I think!