Pregnancy Forums

, &

Parenting Resources

Go Back   Parenting Forums > Developmental/Parenting Stages > Young Adult
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #21
cybele
PF Addict

cybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Dita (20) Azriel (18) Sunny (15) Lux (13) Sasha (6)
Default Re: Unique situation, advice needed

Thanks bssage.

Unfortunately quite a few people out here in the real world are putting in their two cents, and most of it is really quite mean and silly. Its frustrating, because if it were Dita's boyfriend, I dont think anywhere as many people who be having an issue with it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #22
Aylaissi
PF Regular

Aylaissi is on a distinguished road

Sadly that is still the world we live in. Many people still get stuck on the gender in a relationship instead of looking at the relationship for what it is. It has become much better, I remember just 14 years ago when I came out as pansexual and how hard that was, hopefully it keeps getting better. Even if it does not though, Dita can take comfort in knowing it does not matter to the people who matter most to her... Which I am sure will always mean the world to her. So ignore those people, keep following your heart and your instincts. I think overall doing that has worked well for you, look at who your children are to prove that! Nobody else really has the place to judge, you know your family best ^^

Last edited by Aylaissi; 04-17-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #23
Testing
PF Enthusiast

Testing is just really niceTesting is just really niceTesting is just really niceTesting is just really niceTesting is just really nice

Quote:
Aylaissi: Sadly that is still the world we live in. Many people still get stuck on the gender in a relationship instead of looking at the relationship for what it is.
It actually does have some relevance.

Quote:
It has become much better, I remember just 14 years ago when I came out as pan-sexual and how hard that was, hopefully it keeps getting better.
I'm not even sure I want to know what this is...
Old 04-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
cybele
PF Addict

cybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond reputecybele has a reputation beyond repute

Pansexuality is ability to feel attraction for all sexes, including transsexuals.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #25
cybele
PF Addict

And Aylaissi, again, thank you. Youre really making me feel better about this.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
IADad
Super Moderator

IADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond repute
Children: 2 boys - 12yo and 7yo

yes, it's sad that people feel the need to judge and interject their own biases. Why not wish people well even if you don't like or understand their view of life. I don't see what being negative ever got anyone.

I always try to just treat people as people, isn't that all anybody wants. Nobody goes out of their way to comment on a person's heterosexuality, why should they about any other preference?

Take heart that for everyone who feels the need to comment, there are as many or more who support you and her.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
cybele
PF Addict

Thanks IADad.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #28
Xero
PF Deity

Xero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Two boys, 6 years old and 2 years old

I think you are doing the right thing, and out of everything I am just really frustrated at her parents!! I mean, I get that she is the age of an adult, but it's like they are just abandoning their own child?! That's terrible. And to put her in the situation of worrying about graduating highschool and all that, how shameful. It's like they're perfectly content with dropping out of her life completely for FIVE YEARS now that she is the bare minimum age at which they no longer must be responsible for her. Ugh! They really are a self-centered couple of people, aren't they. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing View Post
It actually does have some relevance.
I see none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing View Post
I'm not even sure I want to know what this is...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

Nothing to be scared of, I assure you.

Last edited by Xero; 04-18-2012 at 08:14 PM..
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #29
bssage
Super Moderator

bssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Boy Cole 12 girl 10 Chloe

I thought it meant really loved cooking.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #30
cybele
PF Addict

Haha, in particular, frypans.
Closed Thread