Parenting Forums
Hot Topics

Parents Forum

Parenting Community

Pregnancy Forums

, &

Parenting Resources

Go Back   Parenting Forums > Developmental/Parenting Stages > Middle Childhood/Preadolescence

Old 02-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
IADad
Super Moderator

IADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond repute
Children: 2 boys - 12yo and 7yo
Default Re: My 6 year old son keeps refusing to wear pajamas at night. What should I do?

my 7 yo pretty much refuses to wear a shirt and he's pretty much a heat monster at night. (and it was about -12 here last night, luckily it's always 70 something in our house so I don't think the season makes much difference.

my son has a bunch of different blankets on his bed, if he gets cold he wraps up in one. I guess I'm not seeing a real need for insisting he wear a shirt.
IADad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #12
bobspock100
Banned

bobspock100 is on a distinguished road
Children: son 13
Default Re: My 6 year old son keeps refusing to wear pajamas at night. What should I do?

you should feel lucky he does not choose to sleep nude. while nude sleeping is popular, I am sure in your family setting it would not go over very well. actually there is nothing wrong with sleeping in his shorts. I think probably 1/2 of all men do, and certainly most teenage boys. no sense making a problem out of something that is not a problem.
bobspock100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #13
page16
PF Enthusiast

page16 is on a distinguished road

I don't see a problem with a 6 year old wanting to sleep wearing just his shorts. If he looks up to his big brother, that's great. If he wants to imitate him, why not?
page16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #14
bobspock100
Banned

bobspock100 is on a distinguished road
Children: son 13

so let him wear boxers already. no problem. about half of everybody sleeps nude. I recently thought that pj's were obsolete because I haven't seen them for many years. i just discovered that some people still wear them. but no matter how he wants to sleep, whats the difference? let him do it. as long as he don't wake up and walk around waving the flag.
bobspock100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #15
Cathrine88

Cathrine88 is on a distinguished road

Does it matter? My son hasn't used a pajamas in many years. He sleeps in his boxer shorts
Cathrine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:43 AM   #16
ZachsDad

ZachsDad is on a distinguished road
Children: 6 year old son and another on the way! :)

If he's comfortable then I don't see the problem, if the cold bothers him then I'm sure he will tell you. Although you could find pajamas with his favorite TV/Movie character on them and that might convince him to wear them.
ZachsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:16 AM   #17
sheriberry

sheriberry is on a distinguished road

I agree with everyone else. I would just let him sleep that way and tell him he knows where his pajamas are if he gets cold. It may be just a phase or he may find it more comfortable.
sheriberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #18
ctupa

ctupa is on a distinguished road
Children: son age 7, daughter age 10

I agree with the others, no harm in sleeping without a shirt. Who knows, he may grow out of it anyway.

My 6 yr old son likes to sleep in his shorts and polo shirt. I don't know why he likes but he enjoys it so I let him.

My parenting/fatherhood/travel blog:
http://www.ctupa.com/blog
ctupa is offline   Reply With Quote