Pregnancy Forums

, &

Parenting Resources

Go Back   Parenting Forums > Developmental/Parenting Stages > Infant/Toddler
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
lily_angel_love

lily_angel_love is on a distinguished road
Children: I have and 11yr old stepdaughter, 5yr old son, 4yr old daughter, 19mos daughter, and 7mos daughter
Unhappy How can i get my milk to come back in?

I breast fed my youngest for just over 5 months and i started to dry up. In the middle of july she started to get a rash all over her entire diapered area. I have switced laundry detergent, diapers, wipes, bath times, lotions, everything, ive even resorted to having her naked all the time only using cloth diapers when she needed to be covered. She doesnt have a normal rash its different then anything ive ever seen it peels then gets blistered bumps. All the doctors say its an allergic reaction. Which is obvious, but to what i dont know. I have used just aloe on her and everything i can think of. When i started drying up i was using half formula and half breast milk to feed her. Everything went great until i used zinc one time when she was a little red on her bum. The same zinc i used for my older three children, but for some reason for her she broke out and i cant get it to go away since. The only thing i havent tried is to have her strictly breast fed.. And i am willing to do it as soon as i figure out how to get my milk to come back in. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
evilbrent
PF Addict

evilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond reputeevilbrent has a reputation beyond repute
Children: 4 yr old boy and 2.5 yr old girl
Default Re: How can i get my milk to come back in?

It sounds like you have a complicated problem.

As far as I know, when your breast milk stops it stops. Try pumping and see if you can even get anything at all.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
lily_angel_love

Children: I have and 11yr old stepdaughter, 5yr old son, 4yr old daughter, 19mos daughter, and 7mos daughter

You see thats what i thought to, that once its gone it gone, but then i heard about the "man gives birth to baby" well anyway, his wife had never had any children and she got her milk to come in somehow and the baby is strictly breastfed. So i am not sure if there is away to do it or not.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
fallon
Super Moderator

fallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond reputefallon has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Debralyn 10/21/02, Logan 3/19/07, and Madeline 7/10/09

there is but it's pretty hard from what I've heard. There are herbs you can take and you should try and pump...I'll dig up some links today on things I read and see if any of that can help
Old 09-03-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
Skyburning
PF Fiend

Skyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond reputeSkyburning has a reputation beyond repute
Children: 1 boy, Nolan Kai

You can absolutely do it! Put baby to the breast as much as possible(if she will still take it). Even if she only gets a drop or two stimulation from her is more effective than a pump. And pump pump pump every chance you get pump for at least 15 minutes while you are massaging the breast. You can take fenugreek until you smell like maple syrup ( i had to take like 9 pills a day) you can also see about taking regelan(i know im spelling this wrong )
The most important thing though is just to get as much stimulation as you can preferably from the baby but do pump as much as you can. Are you still able to get any milk out by hand expressing?

Also..has your DD been tested for a lactose allergy?

-Alexis

Old 09-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
NW_Mama

NW_Mama is on a distinguished road

I'd suggest talking to a lactation consultant. If you don't have access to one, you can take fenugreek (3 capsules, 3 times a day), drink Mother's Milk Tea, eat oatmeal, and drink plenty of water.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
lily_angel_love

Thank you all so much.. I have actually am able to get some (more than i expected) by massaging them myself. I appreciate all the support. Also i have great news!! Babys rash cleared up.. Who ever thought vaseline and neosporin would make my baby all white again.. Im not kidding her rash was so bad she was red all over. Then on tuesday it spread like wild fire and got all over her from the tips of her toes to the top of her head. But like i said befor thank you. I never knew there were pills and tea that could help lactation.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
MiaSofia`s dad

MiaSofia`s dad has a spectacular aura aboutMiaSofia`s dad has a spectacular aura aboutMiaSofia`s dad has a spectacular aura about

Hello, I work out 3 times a week and I usually drink 2 protein shakes a day (whey powder). I have read a lot about supplements and I remember one lady saying that she was breastfeeding her baby and she was completely dry out. She started taking her husband's whey powder and she got her milk back and plenty of it. Whey is a protein that comes from cow milk, you can find it at wal-mart, GNC and other places that carry health supplements. I do not know this for a fact and I have not investigated any further, but you may want to try that, whey is no harmful to you, in fact is very good for your since it is a very high quality protein so it wouldn't hurt to try. If you don't feel comfortable do a little search on it...

I hope this helps.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:30 AM   #9
A.norton

A.norton is on a distinguished road
Children: 2 Children - Boy aged 2 years, Boy aged 2 months

Try using Maxalon. Its by prescription/script only. I had the same problem, and thats what my doctor told me to use. It helped enormously...
Closed Thread