, &

Parenting Resources

Go Back   Parenting Forums > General Parenting Forums > General
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
iamdaddy

iamdaddy is on a distinguished road
Default my child caught us having sex

What do you do when you child catch you and your wife having sex?
Me and my wife rrely have time to have sex durign the week because our two daughters (4 and 1) keeping us so busy during the week. The only time we could spend some time together is during weekend after lunch on Saturday and when both of them go take a nạp So then we have about 2-3 hours before they wake up again.
During this 2-3 hours, me and my wife try to connect intmacy together. Well, today while wwe were total naked, my wife was on top of me in our living room (we got nothing covered). Our daughters are sleeping in a closed door room. Well, during our pleasure time, we heard a voice of our 4 years old daughter "What are you two doing?"
At this moment, we were like totally freaked out and like a stone statue. We couldn't move and say anthing while she was standing only a few feet from us. So within 30 seconds, I grabed my clothes and put on while she was still watching. So I put on my clothes then grabed her ran back to her room while her mom trying ot put clothes on.
Now, this is so embrassing but I ahve no idea what to tell her if she asks again " What were you and mom doing?" Anyone out there had the same situtationw ith us? Please sahre your comment.
Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 02-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Xero
Super Moderator

Xero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond reputeXero has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Two boys, 6 years old and 2 years old
Default Re: my child caught us having sex

Well... that's a little graphic, but I'll leave it alone I suppose. First of all, the main issue here is that you were doing it in your livingroom like a couple of teenagers. Why on earth didn't you go to your room and shut the door? It doesn't matter what time of day or night it is, if your kids are in the house, the only place you should be having sex (if you're concerned about the safety of your privacy) is in your own bedroom, with the door closed and prefferably locked. If you were going to do it in the livingroom, you could have at least taken the precaution of using a blanket so that if she caught you, it wouldn't look like much. Its pretty vivid what she probably saw, which is kind of unsettling to me. You too, I'm sure. I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously having sex stark naked in your livingroom with your kids in the house was kind of irresponsible.

Well anyway, if she asks you later what you were doing, I think she's still at a safe enough age for you to tell her that you guys were "cuddling" and "hugging". I don't really think its time for the sex talk. Just something simple, that she should accept as an answer.

Either way I'd be a little more careful about where you have sex with your kids in the house, especially with your older daughter. Seeing that kind of thing can be really bad for a little kid, and it really shouldn't happen.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
AmyBelle
PF Fiend

AmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAmyBelle has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Rebekah (age 5), Lilith (age 1)

Okay, I think thats a bit more information than you needed to give...

I agree 100% with Xero. You can possibly pass it off as cuddling.

And yes, the loungeroom floor isnt a good place to be having sex when you have children wandering around.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
xox.ilu.xox
PF Addict

xox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond reputexox.ilu.xox has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Hayleigh - 5 years

LOL....holy schomoly....where to begin....

I agree with Xero (shes a smart cookie that one! ). Sex if for the privacy of your bedroom, not the livingroom, specially when your children are around. The cuddling option is defiately do-able i think.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
Jeremy+3
PF Addict

Jeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Jackson 20, Amelia 15, Jake 6, Jade 5 and Olivia 3.

I feel your pain, we haven't had a child free bed for six years now
Old 02-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
IADad
Super Moderator

IADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond reputeIADad has a reputation beyond repute
Children: 2 boys - 12yo and 7yo

Same situation as you? Not even close....

I'm just going to endorse what Xero said 100%

But, what I'd like to know is how you get a 4 yo to nap 2-3 hours?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #7
Jeremy+3
PF Addict

Jeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy+3 has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Jackson 20, Amelia 15, Jake 6, Jade 5 and Olivia 3.

I'd love to know that too!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #8
mom2many
Super Moderator

mom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond reputemom2many has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Ted (22), Samantha (21), Lupan (20), Megan (19), Cole (12), Vanna (9), Aiden (6), Kailyn 3 years

I didn't see am issue with them being in the living room...or the kitchen...or the bathroom, even with kids in the house. The only thing is to be prepared incase you do get walked in on. Oddly the only place we have been walked in on is the bedroom, never anywhere else .

Just say cuddling, it has always worked here.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
Dadu2004
PF Visionary

Dadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond reputeDadu2004 has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Delaney, 7 years old

I can't say that I have a major issue with having sex wherever you want, but you SURE have to be careful and be as sure as possible that you won't be walked in on.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
bssage
Super Moderator

bssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond reputebssage has a reputation beyond repute
Children: Boy Cole 12 girl 10 Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many View Post
...or the kitchen....

Just say cuddling, it has always worked here.
How exactly does this play out?

"Umm daddy and mommy were just cuddling on the kitchen table"

"Umm daddy and mommy were just cuddling on the kitchen floor"

"Umm daddy and mommy were just cuddling while mommy was getting stuff out of the veggie shelf in the fridge"

Your definitely much slicker then me. I look like I robbed a bank if I caught naked in the bed.