10 Tips to help you and your children deal with your ex's new partner...

How well you and your ex spouse new partner get along?...

• We are best friends!...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very amicable...

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I barely speak to her/him...

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I have a voodoo doll with her/his face on it!...

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
Since I teach a parenting course to parents who are going through divorce, a lot of them ask me about how to deal with their ex spouse's new partner. I came out with 10 tips that might be helpful, but I would love to hear from other people who had themselves dealt with this issue. Specially positive experience I can incorporate into my course and relate to others.

Here is what I wrote on my blog:(feel free to also post comments there)

http://www.parentssupportnetwork.com/p2p/?p=5

I also created a poll to see how "civilized" we are when dealing with the ex's new partner

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
If only my X could follow even ONE of these rules. I've lived a bit of nightmare that I won't go into ever since she found I was with someone else.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Excellent tips Jgomez65! I was lucky enough to be raised by a mother who never said a cross thing about my father and his new wife (eventhough, she had plenty she could have said.

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
HappyMomma said:
Excellent tips Jgomez65! I was lucky enough to be raised by a mother who never said a cross thing about my father and his new wife (eventhough, she had plenty she could have said.
Definitely a very wise woman!!!</SIZE>[/FONT][/COLOR]

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Well, I have two exes with new partners...the first one, we're civil but strained, and the second, we're amicable. It's a difference between wanting to take my place and pretend I don't exist, and just wanting to be friends with my child.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I'm friendly with Jack's ex. Not "go-out-shopping_together" friendly, but polite. I don't say anything about her in front of the kids, though, because I don't want my ex's new wife to say bad things about me in front of my children.