12 yr old disgusting behavior...

nujabak

Jun 25, 2020
I have a 12yr old son. Basically he's a good kid.  He does have some attitude but he's 12.  He has ADHD and ASD (autism spectrum disorder)..For the last year we have been battling an issue with him.  When he is left alone in his room, to play or whatever, he will smear little bits of poop into the carpet and on the wall, rather than going to the bathroom. His room is literally 15 steps from the bathroom. I have talked to him about how dirty that is and it could make him sick.  He has been punished by having privileges (game time, phone) taken away, but nothing seems to make it stop.  He had started hiding the "evidence" by sliding toy crates over the spots but I find them.
When I ask him why he does this, he says he doesn't know or because "he's stupid".  He will call himself stupid every time he gets in trouble, this is his word, not mine.   Today, once again, I  spent an hour cleaning carpet and he has lost the privilege of playing alone in his room.  I don't know what else to do.  Is this an emotional issue, behavioral or just laziness?

ParentingKing

Apr 27, 2020
I am a father too and i have myself a child who just didn't know how to behave and I was so desperate until I found this website. It helped me out and it have helped many others too. I really recommend you this page. I will leave the link below. I wish you the very best.

https://bit.ly/2yEcI2t