2 Under 2!...

bworthey

PF Regular
Oct 4, 2011
Louisville, AL
My wife and I just found out she's pregnant and we're expecting our second child! Our daughter will turn 1 next month, and when the new LO arrives she'll be like 19 months old! Right now I'm a stay at home dad - one I was good with, I'm beginning to freak out a little with the thoughts of trying to take care of 2, and especially 2 that little. Anyone got any advice?! Ha!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Breath and relax its not as bad as it sounds. My oldest 2 ar 11 months apart and while it takes a bit of adjusting its really not that bad. The biggest thing i can say is do not have any expectations...those will get you everytime.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well congratulations!! That will be fun! :) I have no personal experience, but my sister has two that close together and while she will tell you that it is hard, she will also tell you that they are great together! They will probably play together and be good friends, I always thought that would be cool about having kids close together. Don't worry, you'll fall into a routine and everything will be fine! Good luck! :)

bworthey

PF Regular
Oct 4, 2011
Louisville, AL
Thanks for the replies - yeah, I think we'll just fall into a routine with it I'm sure. And I do look forward to them being close. My wife and I were totally shocked with this pregnancy though - my wife and I have dealt with fertility issues and she's never gotten pregnant without the use of meds, etc. Well, this one happened with no meds - so we were pretty surprised! I think we're still in shock about taking care of 2! Ha!

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
It is hard but you get used to it. (mine are 17months apart) You dont have to relearn stuff with #2, and if they are the same gender you dont have to buy as many new clothes!

GeekyOwl

PF Regular
Feb 12, 2012
Pennsylvania
It will definitely be rough, but with schedules & routines, it can be done! My two are very close in age and my sister has 3 year old twins and a 2 year old girl, so she has 3 very close in age! I wish you good luck!

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
My son was 1 month old when I fell pregnant with my daughter and I was 17 lol I managed and I'm sure you will too. It was hard of course but I love having them so close now because they play so well together, they are great friends and people always assume
They are twins lol