2 year old missing 5 weeks Mom never reported it...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Please please please may this little girl still be alive :(

<SIZE size="200"><SIZE size="150">Girl Missing 5 Weeks Never Reported Lost; Mother Says Doing Own Search</SIZE>

</SIZE><I><SIZE size="175">Mother Refuses To Answer Judge's Question Of Where Daughter Is Located

</SIZE></I>
<i></i>POSTED: 11:50 pm EDT July 16, 2008
UPDATED: 4:18 pm EDT July 17, 2008
<FONT font="Arial"><SIZE size="100"><FONT font="Arial"><SIZE size="100">
</SIZE>
</SIZE>
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A woman accused of not reporting her daughter missing for five weeks refused to answer a judge's question of where her daughter was in a bizarre missing person case that continues to frustrate investigators.
</SIZE>
</SIZE>
Casey Anthony, 22, was taken into custody Wednesday after her daughter's grandparents called Orange County sheriff's deputies over concerns about the well-being of Caylee Marie Anthony, 2.
</SIZE>
</SIZE>
Detectives said when they contacted Anthony it was determined that she apparently never told anyone that Caylee has been missing for more than a month.

Thursday, Orange County Judge John Jordan asked Anthony where her daughter was.

"Mrs. Anthony, the court would say to you, 'Where is Caylee Anthony?' Jordan asked Thursday. "But I can't force you to answer that question but that is the question I leave with you. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir," Anthony said.

Anthony did not say anything else.

"It appears to the court that you care so little for your child that you did not even report her missing until five weeks later," Jordan also said.
Detectives said Anthony said she was doing her own investigation into her daughter's disappearance over the past five weeks, Local 6 reported.
The woman also said she saw movies and reports that if people in similar situations went to police, they had gotten hurt.

Anthony said her daughter was with a baby sitter at the Sawgrass apartments but on June 9, the sitter did not answer the door.

Detectives said they checked with apartment management and learned that no one has lived in the apartment for five months.

Late Wednesday, Caylee's alleged baby sitter was tracked down by detectives and the woman said she has never cared for the missing child.
Investigators also said that Anthony does not work where she initially claimed to be employed.

Officers said she admitted to lying throughout her interrogation.
"It is difficult to sort through what we are being told," Orange County sheriff's Sgt. John Allen said.

Also, detectives said Anthony did not show any emotion over the loss of her child. She did not cry or give any indication she was legitimately worried.
Since investigators cannot get a straight story, they are focusing on finding Caylee.

"I feel the more media exposure we have, the quicker we can bring Caylee home and that is the whole point of all of this -- to bring Caylee home safely," Caylee's grandmother Cindy Anthony said. "I kind of felt hopeless last night but I kind of felt hopeful today."

Anthony was taken into custody Wednesday in connection with the case.
Watch Local 6 News for more on this developing story.

<I>Copyright 2008 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and </I><I><U>Local6.com</U></I><i></i><I>. All rights reserved. This material </I><I>may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.</I>
<I>
</I><FONT font="Arial"><SIZE size="100"><FONT font="Arial"><SIZE size="100">http://www.local6.com/problemsolvers/16906125/detail.html

</SIZE>
</SIZE>
View attachment Missing Caylee.jpg

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
That poor little girl. I'll never understand how anyone could hurt a little boo like that. :(

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Sirk said:
That poor little girl. I'll never understand how anyone could hurt a little boo like that. :(
How anyone especially if the mother did something... Knowing how much I love my own children, I have always been puzzled about how any parent could hurt their own child.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
I agree. And if anyone else IS involved in this little girl's dissapearance, I'd say the "mother" has everything to do with it.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I read this yesterday... so sad.

If the mother isn't involved (which I highly doubt), she should still be held accountable for absolute neglect... not reporting her missing??? WTF?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Mindy said:
The woman also said she saw movies and reports that if people in similar situations went to police, they had gotten hurt.

Seriously? She's relying on Hollywood to direct her on how to handle her little girl being missing? This woman obviously has issues. I pray to God that little girl is ok and that her mother didn't make matters worse.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
<I>Just found an updated story:</I>

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A search for a 2-year-old girl led investigators near the back yard of the house of the toddler, her mother and the child's grandparents Thursday.

Caylee Anthony has brown hair and hazel eyes and stands about 3 feet tall. The girl has been missing for more than a month, but it was only reported Tuesday.

Sources have told WESH 2 News that K9s and crime scene investigators are at the scene digging near the family's home in East Orlando. Neighbors led investigators to the back yard and told them that they recently saw Anthony at the home without her parents.

Investigators also removed a shovel covered with a paper bag from a neighbor's home earlier on Thursday afternoon.

The toddler's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, said she dropped off her daughter with a friend and babysitter on June 9 and hasn't heard from her since. Investigators later deduced that no one had lived in that apartment for almost five months. They also said they spoke with a Zenaida Gonzalez, the alleged babysitter, and she said she has never met Anthony or Caylee and has never baby-sat for anyone. Anthony said she did not report her daughter missing because she wanted to find the child herself to spare her parents the sadness of their grandchild being missing.

Anthony was arrested Wednesday night and has been a focus in the search and investigation in the case. She made a first appearance in court on Thursday on child neglect charges. The arrest was made after authorities said the child's grandmother called deputies to report the toddler missing.

Earlier on Thursday, investigators removed a computer hard drive from the Anthonys around the same time a judge was conducting Anthony's first court appearance. The judge scolded the young mother for her apparent lack of cooperation in the investigators' attempts to find her daughter.

"You left your child with someone who doesn't exist at an apartment you cannot identify. You lied to your parents. It appears you care so little for your child you didn't report her missing until five weeks later," Judge John Jordan said.

"All I want is to put the word out and show her picture as many places as we can," grandmother Cindy Anthony said.

Cindy Anthony said finding the girl is where the focus needs to be. She said Casey Anthony told her she was going to Tampa for a job. She said she talked to the toddler on the phone around July 11.

"As every hour passes, I get a little bit more nervous," she said.

"It's not about my daughter or what part or role she has played in any of this this, if anything. It's about bringing this little girl home," she said.

"At this point, we don't have any information that the child has been spoken to by the grandparents in some time. The child's grandparents have been very cooperative with us. They seem very concerned about their granddaughter. I think more than anybody they would like us to find that child and return the child to them," Sgt. John Allen of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Detectives said Anthony claimed she lost track of the babysitter and her own child.

"The most important step for us at this point is to try to find the missing girl. You know, is she out there with somebody? If so, where is she?" Allen said.

In an arrest report[/URL], investigators said Casey Anthony told friends repeatedly that her child was with a nanny. They said Casey Anthony has told them "repetitive lies."

While her 2-year-old is missing, detectives claimed Casey Anthony has "laughed at the situation" and failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern. That's why they want her held without bond until the child is located.

"She's a 2-year-old child, and nobody knows where she is," Allen said.

The arrest report indicated a friend of the mother contacted authorities and told them he spent the weekend with Casey Anthony in late June, and at that time, according to the friend and the arrest report, the child was with a nanny.

In addition to confiscating Anthony's computer, investigators said they plan to scour Anthony's car for any clues on the child's whereabouts.

Anthony agreed to take detectives to Universal Studios, where she claimed to work, so they could speak to her co-workers, but while leading them to her alleged office, she stopped in the middle of a hallway and admitted to them she lied and no longer worked there.

Investigators said the best-case scenario at this point may be that the mother gave the child away or possibly even sold her. A judge ordered a mental-health evaluation for Casey Anthony on Thursday, and she is being held without bond.

Allen said the child's father has not been located, but many leads have come in.

Several Web sites through MySpace have been set up to help locate Caylee Anthony with phone numbers to call if anyone has information about her whereabouts.

Casey Anthony is being held without bond in a cell by herself and is expected to be transferred into protective custody because of the high-profile nature of the case.

Missing Child Investigation Turns To Mother's Home - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
I'm consumed by this story. I've been following it very closely.
I actually had dreams of her all night one night and have not been able to let go since.

I made a slide show I'm spreading around to help spread the word

http://www.tot-talk.com/cayleeanthony4.swf

i also submitted her name/picture/story to Brian from briansdreams.com (he's found many missing people and predicted numerous things.. I know some think it's BS or whatever.. but can't hurt)

He actually did a remote viewing on her.. I don't know what to make of what he said but I sent the info through to the grandmother and let her know.

Caylee Anthony

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Mom of Missing Girl Indicted for Murder

Mom of Missing Girl Indicted for Murder

<SIZE size="75">By MARK WANGRIN</SIZE>
1 hour 40 mins ago

ORLANDO, Fla. (Oct. 15) - The mother of a missing 3-year-old girl was arrested Tuesday and charged with killing her daughter, even though the child's body has not been found during an exhaustive four-month search.

A grand jury indicted Casey Anthony on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators about the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee, State Attorney Lawson Lamar said. The mother is being held without bond.

If convicted of first-degree murder she could face the death penalty or life in prison. Prosecutors said no decision has been made on whether the death penalty will be sought.

Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said investigators' satisfaction that the indictment had been issued was tempered by what it concludes about the girl's fate.

"Speaking as a father, a day doesn't pass where I wish the evidence that we have gathered didn't add up to the painfully obvious," he said. "Sadly, I cannot change the facts surrounding the investigation."

He said investigators would continue doing "everything in our power to find little Caylee."

A few hours before the sealed indictment was issued Tuesday, the 22-year-old Anthony stood silently, sometimes crying, as her attorney told reporters she is innocent.

"Casey is going through a nightmare," Jose Baez said. "I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, 'Now, I understand. That explains it."

After the indictment was announced, Baez' spokesman Todd Black said Lamar was rushing the case to the grand jury as a ploy to get re-elected.
Casey Anthony's father, George, testified Tuesday behind closed doors to the 19-member grand jury along with a detective, a cadaver dog handler and an FBI agent.

For part of the grand jury hearing, the external audio system of the courtroom was left on, feeding into media trucks outside. Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. warned members of the media that they could be charged with criminal contempt if they made public what was said since grand jury proceedings are secret. Perry said he didn't know what may have been heard.

The child's grandmother first called authorities in July to say that she hadn't seen Caylee for a month and that her daughter's car smelled like death.
Casey Anthony told authorities that she had left her daughter with a baby sitter in June, and that the two were gone when she returned from work. She says she spent the next month trying to find her daughter and didn't call authorities because she was scared.

Investigators immediately started poking holes in her story. The apartment where Casey Anthony said she had left her daughter had been vacant for months, they said. They said she also lied when she told them she had been working at an area theme park as an event planner.

Investigators also accused her of stealing checks from a friend and cashing them. She was charged with felony child neglect and making false statements along with forgery and theft. She was released on $500,000 bail and confined to her parents' home.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I've been following this on CNN for what seems like forever. It's just appalling. Even if the mother didn't have something to do with her murder (yeah right) she should still be put away for how she handled the whole thing. It's hard to watch. At first I was hoping that they would find the little girl alive and well somewhere. Now I know that ship has sailed. I just hope that the people responsible are brought to justice.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Phil, her mother was indicted. She is the one responsible.

Poor baby girl, may she rest in peace wherever she is.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
Mindy said:
Phil, her mother was indicted. She is the one responsible.

Poor baby girl, may she rest in peace wherever she is.
I know. I just hope that they get a conviction. You never know how our wonderful court system can go wrong.

EDIT: OJ got off when he killed his wife.

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
HappyMomma said:
I read this yesterday... so sad.

If the mother isn't involved (which I highly doubt), she should still be held accountable for absolute neglect... not reporting her missing??? WTF?
while it's pretty likely that you are right, and there is no acceptable reason, there is always a VERY, VERY slim chance that she had nothing to do with it and is either protecting her from somebody or knows what happened to her and is terrified because threats or something have been made to her.

BTW- an indictment is a far cry from being guilty. Two very, very different things. Even if one has had their criminal hearing and been found guilty by the courts isn't always truly guilty. I don't think that's the case here - just making a point.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Yeah, indictment and guilty are two totally different things. The only reason it's an indictment is because they don't have Caylee's body.

I wish I could say like you budnkota, that I thought there was a small chance she had nothing to do with it, but I know. I have read literally hundreds of articles, transcripts etc. and Casey knows damn well what happened. Though I bet you she will never tell a soul. Even when (i'm being optimistic) Caylee's body is found, she will continue in her denial.

She is a pathological liar and she has no conscience IMO.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
Sure I agree with Mindy and budnkota. Innocent until proven guilty except in the court of public opinion. I think that she did it at it would take a lot to turn my opinion around on this one. Good luck finding an impartial jury on this one.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Yes, and no matter where they move the trial, for security purposes, anyone and everyone knows who Caylee Marie Anthony is, and they will have absolutely no sympathy for this woman....