23 yr old HIGH MAINTENANCE disrespectful daughter...

tabby15

Sep 21, 2009
:swoon: My 23 yr old daughter left home at 18 to live with her boyfriend who she split with 2 yrs ago. She is now with her latest and they get along fine. He is very well off and she has been able to continue her studies and do part-time modelling while living a great lifestyle - restaurants, travel, good clothes etc. He finances all this. She acts like a bit of a princess with all of this.
She was the most loving and beautiful child until 17 and has gradually been turning into a 'monster'. She is absolutely wonderful with her father but is increasingly short-tempered with me. We used to be so close but now she speaks to me as though she is barely holding her temper in check. If I dare ask anything like a stupid question she will snap at me immediately. It's getting that way that I don't want to be in her company. Friends have noticed her rudeness to me but I find it so difficult to stand up for myself as I know I'll pay the consequences (she won't speak to me for weeks and I will have to go to her and say I'm sorry, for example. ) I am really starting to dislike her immensely. Has anyone experienced this with their children? or does anyone have advice? My husband never notices but he said if he does next time he will have a word with her.