2yr old crying...

SiR PoKeY

Jan 4, 2016
Hello. I'm new to this forum and am looking for help. I have some concerns about our two year old girl. My wife and I call her or miracle baby. She was premature. My wife didn't feel movement from her and went to the doctor. The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. They did a C section. Later we found out the placenta was calcified and she was not getting everything she needed while in the womb. As she had been growing. We thought she showed some signs of autism. Later down the road it appears the only thing she is behind in its her speech. She is 2. You can make out some things she is saying but a lot of it sounds like baby babble. Now. Here is what I don't know what to do about. She cries over the smallest things. When she cries. She won't stop. If I tell her she's going to her room. It stopped immediately. She can stop crying like a light switch. With the communication problems we have. I just dinner know what we can do. Does anybody have any experience with something like this? Any recommendations?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
You should talk to her speech pathologist or paediatrician. Actually, mention it to her pediatrician in case there needs to be a referral for another department. When she does this cry thing, get the whole thing on video.
I can't provide a diagnosis or tell you what would work, this seems like something for professionals.

SiR PoKeY

Jan 4, 2016
Thank you for replying. We are going to bring it up at her next checkup with her pediatrician.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

calmcl

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
If he or she usually cries a whole lot but then becomes unusually quiet, this may also be a sign that she or he's not well. Teething may also cause your newborn to be more upset than usual. Newborns are often irritable and restless in the week before a new tooth comes through. Often times they will even chew onto the baby crib bars when early teeth are coming in.

Last edited:

Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
I didn't know that there are bracelets for children, it is very convenient. It's interesting to read what material they use and how long they will last. We have a lot of these toys, but they get dirty quickly and need to be processed all the time.