3 Day Challenge...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Okay forum vets - I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling like this place is slowly dying. We don't have the kind of lively conversations we used to. People are drifitng away because of some kind of downward spiral - there's nothing new here people stay away, people aren't coming back so there's nothing new posted...

We attract a fair amount of new people, who seems to never post, because it's obviously easier to post on someone else's thread than start one.

So, if you want to make this place vibrant again, here's my challenge - Post 3 New Threads Each Day for Three Days. Find something from your local news, resurrect some topic that hasn't been discussed in a while, share something from your life or something you've been wondering about. If you can't post 3 days in a row, then make it 3 out of 4 days or 3 out of a week, but my hope is if we flood the forum with new content it will jumpstart participation and maybe start to carry a more natural flow of discussion. So, please do what you can, but let's try to do it as a concerted effort now, rather than "yeah, I'll post something sometime."

You're creative people surely you can come up with 3.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I went and did a quick look on who's been around and it seems that several have at least dropped in within the last couple of weeks.

Are you "in" M2M? Let's do this! (This is a great way to avoid all the work I should be doing...)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
consider perusing your local news, thinking about what your kids are doing now or about to do...hope to spark something in more people (I know your feeling though I'm having a hard time too.)

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I'm having a hard time thinking of light-hearted topics. Thus the dismal lack of contribution. The topics on my mind I'm not sure I really want to put out there. Maybe I'll make another username.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I'll come up with 6 this weekend if it kills me.

Right now the only thing going on in my state is gay marriage, a just add the words campaign (about gay rights), and a cop who pulled over someone from Colorado and asked if they weed. lol

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I think all we have going on is an attempted abduction during a school excursion to the aquarium, which I am sure I could spin a topic out of, but I will have to think about it for a while.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Wow, I havent been around in a while! M2M, love the family pics! I'll try to get on more often, so much happening with the kiddo's!

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Meh. All that's in the news right now is elections, elections, corruption, elections, Oscar Pistorius, elections...

Oh, and elections.

Not much I can spin into something relevant to parenting...

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I want an election.

Retirement age has just been raised to 70 as of 2035, which, funnily enough, would have been the year I would have retired. Still cannot figure out why anyone voted for this guy.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Tapatalk keeps booting me out, and it's making me nuts. We are down a few computers (in the shop), so getting on is a pain!