3 Lies Farmers Tell...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
(and BTW, this joke has NEVER gone over well with any farmer friends)

1. - I never accept any money from the government

2. - I PAID for this hat

3. - I was just helping that sheep over the fence....

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
yeah, didn't go over so well here either...I had no idea hat ownership was such a sensitive issue with so many people.....

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
IA dad. I have a Pioneer hat with long blond hair sewn into it (<I><SIZE size="75">to disguise the sheep</SIZE></I>). You can barray it if ya want.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I'd want to see it first - I'll keep an eye out for the survellance videos from recent bank robberies and let ya know.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
farmers get money from the government here too, tax writeoffs etc. And same, they wouldnt really be able to exist without it!!! The cattle ranches have been going downhill here for a while, not much of a market appparently (according to a rancher i talked to). but this was over a year ago, it may have picked up. Horse breeding on the other hand is big here

Janie'10

PF Regular
Mar 24, 2010
Indiana
My ex is actually a pretty decent sized grain farmer. His folks are the ones that really established the operation and made all the sacrifices bak in theiday, etc. My ex just has to keep things going...
Anyway, that about the subsidies is true, unfortunately. I don't know about the livestock industry, but I think the subsidies work against the small to avg. size family farms. I think subsidie could be done away with if free market was allowed to work...