7 Deadly Sins depicted in kids shows / shows in general...

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I thought I would do something fun out of pure curiosity. I've noticed that people all over the net have taken notice that shows, like SpongeBob, have main characters depicting the 7 deadly sins. This is not meant to discuss "cartoon conspiracy theories" nor to focus on one specific show. Even it's a movie or something that would be fine. Just <U>state the show</U> and <U>list the characters</U> and <U>what sins</U> you think they portray.

(Note: Go ahead and add as many shows as you like. You can state the same show as someone else but only if you have a different view of the characters portrayal. This is for fun and not debate. I can make another thread if for that.)

I'll go first, and I guess I'll start with SpongeBob Squarepants since I already brought it up:

SpongeBob - Lust (Loves everyone and everything, including his job.)
Mr. Krabs - Greed (He is stingy and will do anything to save a penny.)
Garry - Gluttony (This snail has a metabolism like Jughead)
Plankton - Envy (Plankton is always jealous plotting against Mr. Krabs.)
Squidward - Wrath (He's always angry and ranting towards SpongeBob.)
Patrick - Sloth (Patrick doesn't do a whole lot.)
Sandy - Pride (Always is proud of everything about herself.)

Sesame Street:

Oscar The Grouch - Wrath
Cookie Monster - Gluttony
Elmo - Lust ("Elmo LOOOVE....you get it.)
Count Von Count - Greed (He doesn't let anyone get in his way of counting)
Ernie - Pride
Snuffleafagus "snuffy" - Envy
Bert - Sloth (He would rather read than do any sort of fun activity)

Klissop

Jun 30, 2020
This is an interesting interpretation of famous cartoons, but I think that children are different and very often you need to use a personal approach to each of them in order to correctly explain things like religion, morality, ethics or sin. As for the choice of cartoons to watch, I prefer to show my children my favorite cartoons by René Gossini. This is the French Walt Disney, who drew excellent cartoons, which are still interesting for both adults and children.