A Great Example of Negligent Bad Parenting...

MommyEngineer

Jun 22, 2016
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and this was in the news last week that really bothered me. This woman is driving with her baby on her lap. At first I thought the car wasn't moving but you can clearly tell in the background that it is. I think the worse part of this story is that whoever this woman is, mother or friend of the mother, they would only get a traffic violation. There's no way that this person didn't know the importance of car seats! Is it just me that thinks that this person should get more than just a traffic violation?

http://www.mommyengineering.com/2016/06/18/great-example-negligent-bad-parenting/[/url]

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I was walking down a street and I saw a van stopped at a stop sign at a busy street. This woman had a baby on her lap with the window open. The baby tried pulling itself through the window, nearly falling out. I was horrified. The woman saw that I saw her and she was laughing.

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
TabascoNatalie said:
Nobody can beat Russian news a few years ago. A drunken woman driving while breastfeeding a baby...
It's like Russian driving licenses are obtained in cereal boxes.

stepdad703

Oct 28, 2016
In response to the OP, yes, it should and arguably does constitute child abuse under NM law.
http://law.justia.com/codes/new-mexico/2011/chapter30/article6/section30-6-1[/url]
It is negligent, endangers the child, and is a 3rd degree felony. Unfortunately some law enforcement agencies and Prosecuting Attys have different priorities, like killing unarmed people and getting off.
After making several other posts this evening, I should probably quit for the night before I get myself riled up at the direction this planet is moving.

Apr 28, 2020
Ohhh! Image is no longer available on the page. It shows 404 to me.
Btw whoever she is mom, aunt or relatives. She is really a careless person. I hope she will be caught by the traffic cop soon.