A Rude Awakening!...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
This morning at 5:10 all our smoke detectors went off. :eek: We all bolted out of bed and tried to figure out what was going on. No smoke, no fire. Our CO2 detector didn't detect anything. Regardless, we rounded up the kids and cats, jumped in the van and parked at the end of our driveway. DH called the fire department (non emergency #). They showed up with 3 trucks and about 10 fire fighters. No sirens, thank God, or our neighbors wouldn't have been pleased. They went through the house with their smoke/CO2 meters and found nothing, but did find a defective smoke detector. Our house is set up so that if one detector goes off they ALL go off. Very loud and annoying, but good in the event of a true emergency. I'm glad it was a false alarm, but my goodness, what a rude awakening! :mad:

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
oh man.....back in highschool, i had the downstairs bedroom, and that was beside the family room/tv room which also had a fireplace in it. So i had a CO2 alarm in my room, and one night it went off and it freaked me out so badly that i ran up to my mom and dads room and was like "the CO2 thing is going off!!!!!!!!!"
so my dad came down stairs and they called the non emerge number and the CO2 thing was on the fritz apparently.
It freaked me out!

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I'm glad everyone is ok. Everyone in our neighborhood seems to have detector problems that arise between 2-3am. I think it is cruel joke buy the builder.

Hopefully this will put a smile on your face.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Good Wolf said:
I'm glad everyone is ok. Everyone in our neighborhood seems to have detector problems that arise between 2-3am. I think it is cruel joke buy the builder.

That is great!!!!!!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Good Wolf said:

LOL! That's funny!

Just bought a smoke detector at Home Depot to replace the old/defective one. Got an extra just in case.

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
Of <I>course</I> the alarm never malfunctions while you're awake. Where's the fun in that?

Glad that it was a false alarm, though. :)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
TammyZed said:
Of <I>course</I> the alarm never malfunctions while you're awake. Where's the fun in that?

Glad that it was a false alarm, though. :)

LOL! Too funny!

Wow, it seems strange chatting with someone who lives where my Mom was born. :) I wonder if she remembers the address of the farm? It would be cool if you knew where it was. My parents are coming next week to visit. I'll have to ask her.

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
Trina said:
LOL! Too funny!

Wow, it seems strange chatting with someone who lives where my Mom was born. :) I wonder if she remembers the address of the farm? It would be cool if you knew where it was. My parents are coming next week to visit. I'll have to ask her.
Let me know and I'll tell you if I do! :p