Adopt POSITIVE Stories...

mommyof4girls

Feb 24, 2008
My heart breaks for all the little kids needing forever families.
Yet more often than not we hear the problems of adoption.
I wondered who has POSITIVE stories about adoption, links to blogs - so you can read the "happily ever afters" of adoption families.
http://www.adoptive-parenting.com/waiting-for-your-adopted-child.html

Looking for your insight to show the world that adoption DOES create positive families and secure adults.
mommy of four princesses
newly reunited adoptee
living my "happily ever after" with a hubby of 14 years.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My husband was adopted along with two other boys and lived a nice life. He adored his adopted mother and father. Not much else to say :)

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
You haven't gotten that many replies, so I'll answer. :)

One of my sisters is adopted. Her birth mother contact her when she was an adult. My sister is very grateful she was adopted (as grateful as I am that I was born to my parents) and that she was not raised by her birth family. Another family member gave her newborn up for adoption more than 20 years ago. To this day she is glad she did as she firmly believes she would not have been able to be a good mother or provide a stable homelife for her child. She considered it to be the best thing she has done in her life.

parentinzen

PF Regular
Mar 9, 2008
We have lots of friends that have adopted from both the US and around the world. There is only one story I know of that the child just wasn't nice to the adoptive parents, but the adoption itself went well. All of the other cases (and I can think of about 10+) have gone well. Those bad stories do stick out in your mind, but it is just like anything else. Those bad seeds will always be the first thing people talk about. There isn't so much to say about an adoption that went smooth and is working.
-Amy
Parenting Zen

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I know at least four people who are adopted: one couple adopted two girls from China, another a boy from Guatemala and the third one two brothers from somewhere in Africa. All of them are very happy with the adoption.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Oh, and I also remember meeting in the library a father with a girl who was adopted from Russia and he just kept saying what a blessing she was.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Most of the people I know that were adopted are from the "old days." Basically adopted by other family members when a young unwed girl became pregnant.

Jordan1970

Mar 17, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
I have two older brothers. My story is that when I was 31, my mother passed away from a terminal illness. Several months later, my oldest brother got a call from the state of Minnesota saying that one of his relatives was trying to contact him for fear of a cervical cancer condition that ran in the family. Well, no one in the family ever had it, and my brother felt that was especially odd considering he was a male.

The state told him all these facts about our mother, when and how she came to this country, etc. They were exactly right. Long pause. . .the state asks, "Wait a minute, you don't know your adopted? Uhhhh. . .let me get a supervisor."

For almost 40 years no one had ever told us that our oldest brother was adopted. What's interesting is that my mother was not able to have kids, but after my brother was adopted, she had me and my other brother.

After finding out that he was adopted, the three of us actually grew closer together. We have had so many heart-to-heart talks since then--talks we would never have in the years prior. And our relationship has grown stronger. We are now not only brothers, but best friends as well.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I was adopted, and I'm happy every day to have my mom. She really raised me right and gave me a good life and I know for a fact I wouldn't be the same if it weren't for her. I don't know what I would do without her. I know my birth mom, and I'm still very glad she didn't raise me.

My one friend was adopted too, because his mom tried and tried to have kids, but couldn't. The funny thing was after he was adopted, his parents had four boys. Lol.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Every adoption story has the potential to be positive as long as all parties realize adoption is based on loss for each part of the triad... JMHO