and then there was two...

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
We had our 10 week ultra sound this week which we were happy about. Until the ultra-sound tech said would you like to see your babies. Huh? I said wondering if I had heard her wrong, she had just said plural 'babies'. She repeated her self again with the plural babies. What do you mean? Charlotte said. The tech replied your expecting twins. We both looked at each other and were like Twins? So yeah latest update - we are having twins. This time we decided that we would look into the sex of them and we are having a boy and a girl. So it seems that we will be even more busy. The one issue is that with the problems with the other pregnancies this will be the hardest and most stressful of them all. But I thought I would share the good news with the world of you out there.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Wholly Smokes!!!!!!

I guess than answers the bigger house question once and for all.

I guess your gonna be busy Ummmm for the next 18 yrs.

Congratulation's

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
Thanks and yeah I'm sure we will be busy. It was funny because shortly before we found out we were even having one more, we were saying what we think life will be like once the kids all fly the nest. I guess we're going to have to wait a couple of decades longer to find out now lol, but hey thats life sometimes.
Thanks for the congrats

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Well that will be kind of nice - if all goes well - so you don't have a stranded only-child with much older siblings. (I attended a leadership class years ago that discussed birth order dynamics, and apparently traits typical of "only children" are seen in any kids who grow up without siblings who are within 9 years of their own age - not just true "only children.")

It's a good thing to have found out before you selected your new home!

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Wow, congratulations (x2!)

I'm a twin - its really cool :) It will be very hard work, but there will also be times when they would keep each-other busy, making it a bit easier. There are pro's and con's to everything!

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
thank you for the congratulations :) I'm still trying to get over the shock of it. I'm sure it will be good to have the two of them. My mum says in a way we have already had experience of having twin because its meant to be similar to raising closely aged siblings. Anyway im sure we'll find out in 6 or 7 months :)