Another Spears pg!...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Jamie-Lynn Spears (Brittany Spears) 16 year old little sister is pg by an 18 yr old she met at church. Makes me wonder if the Nickelodeon Network will take her off the show? I think it's very sad when her career could have been wonderful and hopefully still will be. I bet their mother wants to crawl in a hole!

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Of course her mother wants to run and hide. I heard about this, this morning on the radio. They said Jamie-Lynn's mom cancelled the release of her new parenting book, lol. I thought it was kind of funny she would be releasing a parenting book anyway, look at Britney.

Rhian

PF Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2007
UK
musicmom said:
I bet their mother wants to crawl in a hole!
Ohh, I don't think so. She'll be milking this situation for every penny.

These news make me sad. I hope Jamie-Lynn learned from her sister's example. On how not to parent, of course.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I read the article and it turns out that she'll be keeping the baby and staying in Louisiana to raise him/her. I know this has to be tough for her and the rest of the family. It's not like the are the most positive people in the media spotlight.

Either way, as disappointed as Spears' mom is I hope she's proud of how her daughter is choosing to handle the pregnancy. It does take a lot for a teenager to step up and give up a portion of their teen years to care for someone else.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
so she says, but who knows what she truly will do when the baby arrives. It's not like she has many positive role models around her to show her how to raise a baby.

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
I don't know... She may turn out to be a better mother than her sister is.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
lol I agree, it's not that much harder to be better than her big sis at parenting, but one can hope that she'll learn from the mistakes her sister made.

veronicadavis

PF Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2007
Ft belvoir VA
I don't know about you guys, but I laughed when I heard about that...and why? Because I always told my daughter she couldn't watch that show. Have any of you heard the theme song " I'm just another kind of girl... I bet you see me standing here...do I look good...do I look good to you" Ha. I'm sure the show will be canceled. Zoe is "moving to Europe"...yeah, I watch Nickelodeon with my kids. The previews are on all the time. And at church? THAT I didn't hear, but wow, geat place to meet the guy you're going to sin with, ha. Perhaps I'm awful for seeing humor in it, but c'mon, its not like she can't afford a baby, at worst she proved a point that the family is full of promiscuous immature girls. So, funny, but not really all that awful. btw I had a daughter at 14 (yes I was immature, but not promiscuous, shy actually). I've never been a high a day in my life, I graduated with honors, married my kids' father, who joined the Navy, we live in a great little community and will be moving to Europe in August. Having a baby doesn't ruin your life, even if you're young, especially if you have family/friends willing to help out.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I was going to ask if he was military. He looks it. lol
Yes I can see where the humor is in it,. sad and funny all at the same time.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
Hopefully she sees her sister not having custody of her kids and says "Okay I am not going to do that." Brittany is quite honestly one of the worst mothers I have ever seen because the health and safety of her children are of no concern to her.