Anyone who loves to cook/bake?...

sharon

Dec 9, 2014
I was just curious how many people on here enjoy cooking or baking. I got into cooking the last year or so.
I thought it might be fun to exchange recipes or post photos of things we made

Emily92

PF Regular
Mar 20, 2014
I love to bake! Every other day I'm making some cake or pastry or trying out a new type of cookies or something. Nice to discover a thread on this subject.

Here's my favorite recipe - Chocolate Truffle Cake.

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • In a large saucepan, cook the milk, butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and let it stand like that for 10-15 minutes.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Pre-heat oven to around 300 degrees. In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture until smooth. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Gradually add this to the chocolate mixture and mix well (till the batter becomes thin).</LI>
    <LI>
  • Transfer to three greased and floured round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and let it cool completely.</LI>
    <LI>
  • In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate for the filling. Stir in confectioners' sugar and cream until smooth.</LI>
    <LI>
  • For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, until ganache reaches a spreading consistency.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread ganache over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.</LI>
</LIST>