Anyone with IVF?...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I didn't either but I wanted to say that I am glad it worked for you and you have a beautiful child. Did it work the frist time or did you have to try several times?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
I didn't either but I wanted to say that I am glad it worked for you and you have a beautiful child. Did it work the frist time or did you have to try several times?
yep, the first cycle.:)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
that's great...so many parents are put through the pain of having to do it over and over. Stories about it working the first time are wonderful. Were you trying for your dd or was she a special suprise? (you can totally ignore me if I am getting to personal)

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
Were you trying for your dd or was she a special suprise? (you can totally ignore me if I am getting to personal)
it was a total surprice! My son was only 8 months old and was nursing exclusevely day and night :) . Go figure;)

parentinzen

PF Regular
Mar 9, 2008
I have not been through it, but know plenty of people who have. One couple I know went through 8 tries and finally on the 9th one it worked. They have twins now and are trying again. I'm not sure how you get that much money together to have enough for 9 tries plus some, but they did it!
Good luck to you! It is a long and tiresome process, but it does work for so many people. All of those shots will be worth it!

-Amy
http://www.parentingzen.com

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
We went through many cycles of IVF without success (our twins were a complete surprise, conceived without any assistance). It was an emotionally hard, tremendously expensive process that left my butt numb for over a year.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Ari2 said:
We went through many cycles of IVF without success (our twins were a complete surprise, conceived without any assistance). It was an emotionally hard, tremendously expensive process that left my butt numb for over a year.
Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through so much :( ! (HUGS)

We were lucky, it worked for us from the very first try and our daughter (second child) was a surprise baby, conceived without any assistance, just like your twins:) . I know it's a bit too late, but congratulations!!! Do you have girls, boys or one of each? Are they idenical twins?