At what age?...

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Aimee McIntyre said:
She is getting bad for sitting on my knee and asking for cuddles a lot during the day.

Plus, she is quite bad for having nightmares at night, think the night she got attacked outside whilst on her bike is giving her the nightmares, in fact, I can't leave room until she is asleep, she is getting very clingy just now.
Kids who get slapped for silly little things tend to feel insecure, which causes them to need more reassurance that there is someone who cares and who will protect them.

Think about it.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I'm going to throw it out there.

You think it's strange that she clings to you? Her father hits her over a zip. He hits her over television shows. He hits her on the face for having a tantrum because she wants to stay up late (hello, 9:30pm, tired children aren't exactly known for rational discussion).

I have to say, if one parent was hitting me for all these random things, I would probably cling to the other parent too.

Aimee McIntyre

PF Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
She doesn't sit on my lap as much as she used to in the past but she does still get lots of hugs and kisses and still holds my hand any time we go out.

dannycraw4rd

PF Regular
May 30, 2014
Not only me,
Everyone's giving their adult kids kisses and hugs, It's not a problem.
And second thing at what age a kid should go to school at their own.
It's depends on the kid but usually it's 5.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
I hope I will always be able to hug and kiss my kids :)

And I live about 10 kilometers away from the school so unfortunately my kids will never
Get to experience walking to school. :)

babybibsplus

PF Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2016
All children go through a phase where they don't want to be hugged or kissed and hold hands, but they eventually get over it. As far as walking to school it depends on the child and how mature they are and how safe it will be for them. I would wait until they are at least twelve years old and have someone else to walk with. Never walk alone.