[Attempted Humor]Adult Thoughts About Children's TV Shows...

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
omg these are so funny.. i can deal with most of them but yo gabba gabba really makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

Anyone ever seen a mom or dad for max and ruby? pretty sure i would run away too if my kid demanded things using one word forever and ever like max does.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Cthru said:
omg these are so funny.. i can deal with most of them but yo gabba gabba really makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

Anyone ever seen a mom or dad for max and ruby? pretty sure i would run away too if my kid demanded things using one word forever and ever like max does.
and speaking of Max's what about a Dad for Max and Emmy on Dragon tales? I mean first of all Mom (if that is her real name) only ever yells up to their room, never makes an appearance. Second, just how long do these trips to Dragon-land take? Are they "real-time?" Come on mom you don't miss these kids being gone for a half hour at a time?

oh, and I think Kipper and Tiger are gay too...and pig's a single dad? No moms on that show either....odd.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Omg I KNOW Max and Ruby is so weird too. I was for real just having a conversation about that with BF the other day. Seriously, this little girl who is not even old enough to take care of herself has her own huge house lol, and takes care of her toddler brother. Parents are NEVER seen, and she literally gives this kid a bath, feeds him his meals, takes him to buy his clothes, buys his things with her own money, teaches him everything, takes him everywhere with her, I could go on. haha. And its not like that's the general idea, they really make it look strange when she goes to other people's houses and all her friends have parents. And I like how her grandma lives down the street and she doesn't even bother to take them in. Psh. :/

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I hate children's programs, they're all really annoying Sam Tan is the most annoying, I don't care about stupid Norman or Bella with her Italian accent speaking Welsh, it sounds like actual death. Lazy town is even worse, if you ever want to kill yourself, just watch a few episodes.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
has anyone ever noticed how any number of today's cartoon characters resemble those from the past?
the villain in lazy town looks just like dastardly of dastardly and muttley.
there's more out there.

NiallNai

PF Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Well, I didn't know that more posts had gone up under this thread.

Ok, a couple more

Super Why!
"AlphaPig with Alphabet power" "Wonder Red with Word Power" "Princess Presto with Spelling Power" "And Super Why with the power to Read...And you with the power to help." Wait, wait, wait. All of you have supersuits and Whyflyers and powers and I get the suckass power to HELP. Screw that. And come on, I've been with you for the past 5 months everyday, could you bother to learn my name already.

Sid the Science Kid
-What class, pre-K or K, has a class size this small. The only ones that I've seen that come close to being this small are self-contained special education classrooms. But I do live in a very densely populated state.
-Is it just me or does Gerald strike you as the type of person that is going to grow up to light his farts on fire as a way of entertaining himself?

Backyardigans
-Uniquea. Did they really run out of animals to turn into characters? I think there are more animals out there than a moose, a penguin, and a kangaroo. I think they could have come up with something other than a pink and purple something or other.
-And lets face facts: Tasha is going to grow up to be reeeaaalllly high maintenance.

Handy Manny
-one of the really bad things that went through my mind: The scene:Manny has just left the shop and the tools are talking amongst themselves.
"Hey why did Manny leave without us?" "He was going to Kelly's" "He had a job or something but he said he didn't need us." "Yeah, he said he was going to go lay some pipe with Kelly or something." "Then why didn't he take us."
(sorry if this last offended but I thought with the talk of dildos it would be alright.)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL that handy manny conversation is so wrong!! Hahahaha!! I really want to see that episode now so I can laugh at it. How suggestive. :p

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
NiallNai said:
Handy Manny
-one of the really bad things that went through my mind: The scene:Manny has just left the shop and the tools are talking amongst themselves.
"Hey why did Manny leave without us?" "He was going to Kelly's" "He had a job or something but he said he didn't need us." "Yeah, he said he was going to go lay some pipe with Kelly or something." "Then why didn't he take us."
(sorry if this last offended but I thought with the talk of dildos it would be alright.)
You should write for the show....

I see Kelly has a run for her money now with Cassie...(I keep hoping for a Carrie/Kelly cat-fight...)

NiallNai

PF Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Ok, Thomas and Friends. Boy does this show get on my nerves.

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • From the opening shot, the Island of Sodor looks like you could walk across it in 10 minutes. Why does it need a transportation infrastructure that beats out New York City.</LI>
    <LI>
  • With the number of train accidents that occur on this island, the NTSB would be all over their asses. Every episode, one train or another is getting "biffed" from behind.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Coal powered trains! Really? They have helicopters and jets landing on the island but they are still using coal powered trains. Where are the eco-lovers? You'd think that they'd be protesting the destruction of the environment on this small island.</LI>
    <LI>
  • In addition, what is the rate of mesothelioma on this island, even not counting the coal miners.</LI>
    <LI>
  • And the faces on all the trains are just plain creepy with their shifty eyes.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Toby: Poor Toby. The song at the end of the show goes on about the qualities of each of the trains:"Thomas, he's the cheeky one, etc" but when they get to Toby..."well, let's just say he's square." Well, ain't that nice. What, you couldn't find another quality of his?</LI>
    <LI>
  • And this one is for the geeks out there: Am I the only one that thinks of Mordor when I hear Sodor? Perhaps I am. But it would sure make a much more interesting show in my opinion.</LI>
</LIST>

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
NiallNai said:
Ok, Thomas and Friends. Boy does this show get on my nerves.
<LIST>

• <LI>
  • From the opening shot, the Island of Sodor looks like you could walk across it in 10 minutes. Why does it need a transportation infrastructure that beats out New York City.</LI>
    <LI>
  • With the number of train accidents that occur on this island, the NTSB would be all over their asses. Every episode, one train or another is getting "biffed" from behind.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Coal powered trains! Really? They have helicopters and jets landing on the island but they are still using coal powered trains. Where are the eco-lovers? You'd think that they'd be protesting the destruction of the environment on this small island.</LI>
    <LI>
  • In addition, what is the rate of mesothelioma on this island, even not counting the coal miners.</LI>
    <LI>
  • And the faces on all the trains are just plain creepy with their shifty eyes.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Toby: Poor Toby. The song at the end of the show goes on about the qualities of each of the trains:"Thomas, he's the cheeky one, etc" but when they get to Toby..."well, let's just say he's square." Well, ain't that nice. What, you couldn't find another quality of his?</LI>
    <LI>
  • And this one is for the geeks out there: Am I the only one that thinks of Mordor when I hear Sodor? Perhaps I am. But it would sure make a much more interesting show in my opinion.</LI>
</LIST>
The thing that always got me about Thomas, was the abrupt ending of the episodes...lot's of times it'll be rolling along, nice pacing, then BAM, it's over? What, where the writers just blindly writing until they hit the time limit?

Sodor does seem to have lots of trains (and accidents) and a marked lack of cars... maybe that's why all the trains.

Taking a look at Sir Topham Hat, I'd day high blood pressure and diabetes are probably bigger concerns than mesothelioma.....Do they even have a hospital on Sodor?

NiallNai

PF Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Another one for Special Agent Oso

The plot of the final episode: Oso is arrested for espionage in North Korea while trying to help a North Korean child do the laundry. The US disavows knowledge of Oso and his actions. Oso spends the rest of his life in a prison having the stuffing beaten out of him everyday...

Until Jack Bauer stages a rescue in the next season of 24.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
NiallNai, I just wanted to stop in and mention how cute and big your baby boy is getting. What a handsome little guy! :)