Avengers excitement...

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
My kindergartner daughter is getting very excited about the upcoming Avengers movie. She likes Thor, I like The Hulk.:) At first, I was hesitant to take her to such an action packed movie; but, I decided I will take her. How can I enjoy the movie knowing that my kid will be at home missing the movie she wanted to see so badly? So I'm going to let her watch it with the big boys (ie my brother and I).

BTW I have about 2000 comics that I've collected over the years, mostly Marvel and DC. And I've found that they're great for my daughter. She can't seem to put them down.:)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I like to take Cole. But anymore its so freakin loud its almost hard to plunk down the 20+ bucks to go.

That does look like a cool movie though.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
bssage said:
I like to take Cole. But anymore its so freakin loud its almost hard to plunk down the 20+ bucks to go.

That does look like a cool movie though.
sounds like a great value. For $20 you can be entertained AND get hearing damage. Add another $20 and you can boost your progress toward your hypertension, obesity and diabetes goals.

As to the OP - have fun. Super heroes have never been much my thing. My boys are batman kids, which I kinda like because there's nothing really "super" about him, just a good guy doing good.

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
@cybele- The Avengers is tracking for over $150 million opening weekend in the US. That means it'll probably do a lot more.

@mom2many- Let's tell it like it is...
You're a Hugh Jackman/Robert Downey Jr kind of girl.:)

@bssage- I plan to wait one month after the opening for the crowds to die down a little, then, we'll see a weekday matinee.

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
IADad said:
As to the OP - have fun. Super heroes have never been much my thing. My boys are batman kids, which I kinda like because there's nothing really "super" about him, just a good guy doing good.
But there's no comparison than watching The Hulk smash:)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
nwcrazy said:
@mom2many- Let's tell it like it is...
You're a Hugh Jackman/Robert Downey Jr kind of girl.:)
That obvious huh? :biggrin:

Don't tell Hugh Jackman but it's more Robert Downey then anything lol

Simon Clay

Apr 23, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I am trying to get my 4 year old daughter excited about this because I really want to see it. Not having much success, she would only be interested if Barbie was one of the Avengers!