balloon boy and charges...

Should balloon boy's family pay for all the emergency "tools" used to find him...

• don't care...

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • no...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes...

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Absolutely I believe they should be charged. They caused a ton of people to be frightened and concerned, cost thousands and thousands of dollars to the city and put their children in the middle of their sick prank.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
absolutely, no question about it.

By the way, the family was on 2 episodes of wife swap (Amber made me watch it, it wasnt my idea) and this family is MESSED UP! The kids are rude, say words that I wouldnt even say to my worst enemy, and stick up their middle finger any chance they get. The husband is just a jerk and yells at every little thing. And the wife is extremely judgemental about everyone.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...if infact it was never real, yes, they should be charged and forced to pay the city.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
i don't know who all has voted since the comments are so few.

i think the parents should be forced to perform community service every afternoon 5 days a week & every weekend, including holidays until they have paid back every cent spent on their butts including the costs it will take to prosecute them for this stunt they pulled. While doing all this, take away more of their time by putting them both in parenting classes separately, get his head checked out and make them pay for that too with even more community service. Really take away all their free time used for storm hunting and science experiments and make these two grow up.:arghh:
and for goodness sake
get the kids put into some sort of extracurricular activities around people that have their heads on a little straighter so they atleast don't grow up with some kind of attention seeking disorder or something and can see that most people don't behave the way their parents do.

i've seen one of those episodes of wife swap. he did NOt want to hear anything that was against his point of view for anything. i think at one time he even kicked the wife out over it too. really made an ass of himself. she didn't do much better. this guy makes spoiled brats look like angels.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
16th ave. said:
i don't know who all has voted since the comments are so few.

i think the parents should be forced to perform community service every afternoon 5 days a week & every weekend, including holidays until they have paid back every cent spent on their butts including the costs it will take to prosecute them for this stunt they pulled. While doing all this, take away more of their time by putting them both in parenting classes separately, get his head checked out and make them pay for that too with even more community service. Really take away all their free time used for storm hunting and science experiments and make these two grow up.:arghh:
and for goodness sake
get the kids put into some sort of extracurricular activities around people that have their heads on a little straighter so they atleast don't grow up with some kind of attention seeking disorder or something and can see that most people don't behave the way their parents do.

I agree!!!

Nes

PF Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2009
Canada
In Ontario you have to pay for every firetruck (and I believe other emerg vehicles too) that shows up to a false alarm.* I think it's $100 a truck or more, seems like a pretty good system to me!

(Excepting circumstances where it really is a false ALARM and no one is at fault.)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I think were all good here.

Before the balloon incident only close personal aquantinces and people who watch "wife swap" were aware of what a complete and total moron/a$$ this guy and his wife were.

Now the whole world knows. I dont think you can put a price on that.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
bssage said:
I think were all good here.

Before the balloon incident only close personal aquantinces and people who watch "wife swap" were aware of what a complete and total moron/a$$ this guy and his wife were.

Now the whole world knows. I dont think you can put a price on that.
Thats the thing though, America wife swap is staged, thats why when they show it in the UK they put a load of writing on the screen explaining that many scenes are staged for entertainment purposes and not the families usual set up.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
really? They put a disclaimer up? Isn't that a little like Showing the road runner and explaining that the coyote isn't really harmed in any of the scenes?