Balloon Boy Parents Sentenced....

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
In case you missed it - the Heene's, the infamous "balloon Boy's" parents were senteced today - Him to 90 days in jail, 60 to be served on work release and her 20 days, ordered not to profit from the incident for 4 years and still facing restitution that may end up costing them more than $50k.

Did they get what they deserved? Too Harsh? Get off too easy?

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
thought he let them off a little easy 'cause of the holidays. she should have atleast gotten 30 days in jail and 50 hrs. community service.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I was just glad to see them actually have to serve some time and hopefully pay restitution.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
yeah, i watched part of it on cnn.com. they may still have the video up. just happened to catch the live sentencing. didn't know it was gonna be broadcast.
it sounded like the judged said they would have to pay it and reasonable provide for the kids too. judge said the dad had to work a minimum of 30 hrs. per week.
wish i had finished it. left off when it was her turn to get sentencing.
the dad apologized but i didn't buy it.
and hey, at least they can't profit from the mess.

yep, they got the video. its in the link. not sure if its the whole thing or what. think its just heene's apology.
http://www.parentingforums.org/f23/balloon-boy-parents-sentenced-9713.html#post93337[/URL]

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
AmyBelle said:
Pfft, they cant make profit off it for 4 years? Forever would be my ideal punishment.
I suspect the thought is that by 4 years down the road the interest in the event and their notoriety will have decreases significantly....

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
an update or new twist
Balloon boy mom's interviews contradict husband - Yahoo! News

i'm a little curious about how they'll handle this upcoming documentary later this year with the "no profit" thing in place.
"""""""Steven C. Barber, a 48-year-old filmmaker who has known Heene for more than 10 years, said last week that he still believes in him and plans to prove him right with a documentary he expects to release later this year titled, "Balloon Boy: Guilty Until Proven Innocent."""""""""