Banning packed lunches -- seriously?...

Mike0341

Nov 23, 2014
I think the best solution is private school. Any time the government has its dirty little hands in something, things go wrong.

bobspock100

Banned
Jan 10, 2015
amsterdam, netherlands
sometimes the schools lose track of their primary function which is to teach. they should be sticking their noses in all of the other things that they have been doing lately. they have no business trying to control what the kids eat, what they wear, how they do anything really, except perhaps normal friendly conduct in school as they learn.

bobspock100

Banned
Jan 10, 2015
amsterdam, netherlands
I remember reading some years back that Hollywood high school in California, try'd to tell the kids they could not drive their cars to school. the parents got very angry about that, and these big money people bought so much pressure on the school officials and caused a couple of resignations, that the rule was abandoned quickly.

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
England and somewhere else
Well, at least here in UK a significant proportion of parents see school as some way of outsourcing childcare. The demands for what the schools should be responsible for are enormous and often illogical. Crap rules is the result of all that nonsense.

bobspock100

Banned
Jan 10, 2015
amsterdam, netherlands
I think the heart of the problem really is that most schools are completely controlled by a "administrator" who feels totally independent from all else, and is unaccountable for actions. if community oversight by parents was implemented, it might be better.