Beauty Secrets???...

sandra.s

Apr 1, 2008
Hi all! As the years pass, and the more tired I am, my skin is actually starting to show it. It's like I've aged ten years within the time frame of a year. I need a recommendation for an anti aging product that really works. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: rking

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Gentle products and moisturizer. Alot of your aging is contributed to your genetics as well. Drink lots of water and take vitamins. Don't put toxins such as alcohol and cigerettes into your body. Other then that...........face lift, lipo and botox!!! ;)

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Oh yea...for beauty secrets. If you're aiming for the face. My friend swears by extra virgin olive oil. I on the other hand just wash my face with pHsiodorm and will put some sensitive lotion on. As for tired face...I can relate. My eyes always look tired. I put cucumbers on my eyes sometimes to take the tired puffy look away.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Lately, my beauty regimen is simply trying to bath semi-regularly. :eek: So no beauty tips here, but I agree with MM.

sandra.s

Apr 1, 2008
Since my last post I have been doing a bunch of research on the newest anti aging products and treatments. I've read about a few "botox" like products that are extremely popular such as Obagi, Arbonne, Strivectin, etc. Has anybody had experiences with these products? Another line that caught my eye is called the Newtox Treatment line by Lon Cosmetics. It's the newest popular anti aging treatment that is claiming many success stories. Has anybody heard of or tried these products? Waiting for feedback before I decide on what to splurge!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I would not trust a cosmetic line unless it was through a licensed medical professional and I would check on their background. Nothing is anti-aging. You are going to get old. A medical procedure is the only thing that is going to help for a long while anything OTC is temp.
OTC usually adds caffiene and such to make it appear it works then it goes away soon.

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
musicmom said:
Nothing is anti-aging. You are going to get old. A medical procedure is the only thing that is going to help for a long while anything OTC is temp.
I'll agree with that - but I think there are things that can improve your skin. I don't know what they are - but I beleive there are things that can make a difference. Think of a piece of old elastic that's been dried out. It looks pretty nasty. But if it was not dehydrated in the first place, it'd be more OK.. similar concept

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Product that you put on topical are useless. You need to work from the inside out. Water, vitamins, etc. Moisturizer is a good start.

busymomofmany

May 7, 2008
A couple of ideas that may be worth a try. Are you use an exfoliating scrub a couple of times a week? That will get rid of the old dead skin (ewww). Also, as some of the others have suggested, stay out of the sun, drink lots of water and let moisturizer become your new best friend. Oh and more sleep helps too, lol

busymomofmany

May 7, 2008
A couple of ideas that may be worth a try. Are you use an exfoliating scrub a couple of times a week? That will get rid of the old dead skin (ewww). Also, as some of the others have suggested, stay out of the sun, drink lots of water and let moisturizer become your new best friend. Oh and more sleep helps too, lol

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I have sensitive skin, and daily makeup and moisturizer irritate it, even the good stuff. My skin is much healthier and better looking with a gentle cleanser, exfoliating toner and occasional makeup.

Juliem

Apr 24, 2008
I've heard of the Newtox line a couple of times already and am considering buying the Gold Kit. It's supposed to be a really good anti ageing line...and lord knows that my skin can use all the help possible!

sandra.s

Apr 1, 2008
I know that I may be too hopeful but I believe that with certain products you can keep your skin in its present state while fading certain small wrinkles. At least I like to believe this. :D
After doing some more research and going onto the Lon Cosmetics website I decided to order the basic kit of Newtox. The website was very user friendly and was easy to order from. Now I just can't wait for it to arrive in the mail! Will give updates when the products arrive just in case this product is the one that does the trick!

Klissop

Jun 30, 2020
I think every woman worries a little about how she will look after 35. I take care of the skin and often undergo procedures in the beauty salon in order to improve my skin condition, but I understand that soon I will need something more effective. My mom recently took botulinum toxin injections at one of the aesthetic medicine centers that we found near her hometown. I searched the Internet for Sarasota Botox and found many reviews about this place and found out more about what doctors work there, what Botox is used to treat wrinkles and signs of aging. The more I read about the use of these injections in the treatment of various diseases, for example, for migraines or hyperhidrosis, the more I became convinced that I misunderstood how Botox works and that it isn't an active toxin, so it's practically harmless to human health when used correctly. So I plan to take these injections in a couple of years to get rid of wrinkles and stop the aging process.

Reactions: rking