Best book for moms?...

Rox

Dec 11, 2008
Hi everyone,

As a fairly new mom still learning the ropes, I found that I read a LOT of parenting books - I still do in fact. I asked my mom for a lot of advice too, but the range of books I read helped me to prepare for things, which was a godsend!

The 'tried 'n tested' books which helped me with stuff like sleep training and diet helped loads but I really loved reading Motherhood and Me by Lindy Bruce, as I was given a copy at just the right time. As all new moms will probably understand, those first few months really shift your life around, and sometimes you wonder if you will ever be able to enjoy a cold glass of wine and chocolates... with your feet up on the table, watching television and relaxing... sigh.

Anyway, that got me over that slump phase and is still proving a valuable resource.

What kind of helpful or fun parenting books do you all read?

LeannL520

Jan 10, 2009
Shreveport, Louisiana
The whole Time I was pregnant I read "Your pregnancy week by week" and "What to expect When You're Expecting". And Since I had my baby girl 6.5 months ago I have been reading "What to expect the First Year"
I think it's more of an "I like to read" thing than anything, it keeps me occupied when I actually get to just unwind and relax. Plus it is pretty helpful on some situations.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah, it was nice to read the books too. I also read "What to expect when you're expecting" and "What to expect the first year". Very good books!!

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
i read the parenting magazines since alot of them had free subscriptions for your first year. they proved to be pretty helpful and always had a lot of the same stuff such as where your kid should be at in certain ages and such and what to do for fevers, etc.....lots of things for staying busy with the kiddos...anyways, very helpful

CN11

Jan 13, 2009
La Quinta, California
What book did you read that you liked on sleep training? I would love to check it out as I am having sleep issues with my 20 month old. He used to sleep through the night and go right down and not anymore! I miss my sleep and I am sure he misses his