Better late than never! LOL...

Barbi.doll

PF Regular
Apr 4, 2008
Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to give the formal forum introduction - Barbi.doll here! Canadian born and bred - and no I don't live in an igloo!

Single mother of 1, she's 4 1/2 going on 15.

I work full time in the office of my late father's company - carpet and flooring. My daugher is in JK and daycare.

Her and I live on our own with 2 cats and whole lot of fish, and we have a blast together.

My life is really boring, but I make the best of it!

I always want to see my cup as half full, but tend to notice it getting empty sometimes.

Learning lots being a mom, and came here to hopefully learn a whole lot more.

Can't wait for everyone to share opinions, stories, advice and kick me in the ass when needed.

Look forward to being part of the forum!:takeabow:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Welcome! This place rocks, you'll love it. Your little girl sounds like a character, I hope I have a girl someday. :)

Barbi.doll

PF Regular
Apr 4, 2008
jtee said:
That's great intro Barbi.
Why thank you!
I'd have to say I feel more welcome here than I have ever felt on any forum.

Usually, forums have their regulars and you have to keep your head above the crashing waters they cause when you join - they're like out to get you until you have a million posts and have fought your way through a zillion head strong conflicts.

So, thank you for the welcoming!

So, when will I get privalages to use photos for my avatar and my sig? LOL I wanna show off my lil' princess' face too ya know ;)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Barbi.doll said:
So, when will I get privalages to use photos for my avatar and my sig? LOL I wanna show off my lil' princess' face too ya know ;)
Maybe we can get Kaytee to answer because I can't recall. Signatures is more of Kaytee's thing.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Barbi.doll said:
Usually, forums have their regulars and you have to keep your head above the crashing waters they cause when you join - they're like out to get you until you have a million posts and have fought your way through a zillion head strong conflicts.
We do have a few strong personalities here, but nobody is too bad. Personal attacks and any other forms of harassment is not tolerated. It's a parenting forum first and foremost, but on occation the moderators need to remind parents what forum they are in. Sometimes I think individuals get carried away bouncing between several very different forums they forget that another forum's tolerance for language\behavior is not acceptable here.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Lissa you ROCK!!

Welcome. Yes there are a few nuts here but then again....nuts are everywhere. Welcome.

Barbi.doll

PF Regular
Apr 4, 2008
jtee said:
We do have a few strong personalities here, but nobody is too bad. Personal attacks and any other forms of harassment is not tolerated. It's a parenting forum first and foremost, but on occation the moderators need to remind parents what forum they are in. Sometimes I think individuals get carried away bouncing between several very different forums they forget that another forum's tolerance for languagebehavior is not acceptable here.
Well, no matter how unwelcoming another place has been, I'm always willing to dive in to whatever gets put in front of me all while I still try to maintain my forum ethics. LOL
At least the mods here make the effort to enforce. Some places allow the cruelties to continue without any warnings or deletions!

I can't seem to get myself off this site tonight though - and here I thought I was off "Mommy" duty while my little one was at her dads this weekend, and here I am indulging in a whole forum of parenting! LOL Go figure!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
So, when will I get privalages to use photos for my avatar and my sig? LOL I wanna show off my lil' princess' face too ya know
you should be able to now!

I believe you have to be registered for tem or more days, have 10 or more posts or 10 or higher rep.
If you still can't let me know

Barbi.doll

PF Regular
Apr 4, 2008
Kaytee said:
you should be able to now!

I believe you have to be registered for tem or more days, have 10 or more posts or 10 or higher rep.
If you still can't let me know
Nope, not yet, but that's ok, if it takes ten days, then I can wait...I don't know about waiting patiently ;) but still, I can wait.

When I go to the "edit avatar" will there be an option to upload custom avatar? I would assume that is how it would be, but that option is not there at this point.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
avators are different then siggies. Siggie you should be able to do now, custom avatars is quite a bit of posts.