Bladder infection...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well Nichole had to go to the doc today. SHe has been dribbling in her panties and going frequently. (6 pairs I had to change yesterday) sure enough she has blood and neutrophils (sign of inflamation) in her urine. So she is on antibiotics now. LOVELY!! Thats all I need for a child that has problems with diarrhea. So hopefully she will feel better soon

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
poor baby...did you put her back in diapers? I hope she feels better soon. Bladder infections can be very painful...I hope she does OK

Will she drink cranberry juice...maybe watered down a bit? That will speed up her recovery but it has to 100% juice

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
We have been doing cranberry juice for 3 days now. I was hopeing we were just crazy and having "accidents". She drank 1/2 a gallon of cranberry yesterday and her urine was till yellow colored. Now I know it was still yellow because of the blood.
No she is not in diapers. She won't wear them "no diapers baby!" lol so she is just in undies. and we just change her when she dribbles. She is a trooper though and just keeps going to the potty "Nichole go potty again" she tells me. lol

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Kaytee said:
We have been doing cranberry juice for 3 days now. I was hopeing we were just crazy and having "accidents". She drank 1/2 a gallon of cranberry yesterday and her urine was till yellow colored. Now I know it was still yellow because of the blood.
No she is not in diapers. She won't wear them "no diapers baby!" lol so she is just in undies. and we just change her when she dribbles. She is a trooper though and just keeps going to the potty "Nichole go potty again" she tells me. lol
ahhh....thats so sweet. At least she's postive :)

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="Kaytee;36021"><s>
Kaytee said:
</s>well Nichole had to go to the doc today. SHe has been dribbling in her panties and going frequently. (6 pairs I had to change yesterday) sure enough she has blood and neutrophils (sign of inflamation) in her urine. So she is on antibiotics now. LOVELY!! Thats all I need for a child that has problems with diarrhea. So hopefully she will feel better soon<e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>I'm so sorry. You probably already aware of that, but I'd mention it anyway just in case. It's a good idea to eliminate all the sugars from her diet for now, since yeast will be trying to take over while she is on antibiotics and sugar feeds yeast. Also, probiotics would be a very good idea (I use Nature's Way powder for kids that I add to plain yogurt. If she doesn't like plain you can make plain yogurt with fruits/berries by yourself, but with no sugar. Also, I have heard that grapefruits also help with yeast, so if she isn’t allergic to them, I’d try to include them in the diet.<e></e></COLOR></r>