Blending families...

Alexflan

Sep 18, 2016
Sacramento
Hello, I have one boy who's almost 7. My girlfriend moved in with her son, who is almost 8. We are expecting 1 more in April, and are very excited and serious about our relationship. My boy seems to bug the heck out of her even tho he's only with us on weekends. The two boys fight and argue and they seem to pin it on my boy. He can get angry, and I'm working on that and trying to figure out how to make that better, but she doesn't seem to think her boy has a big part in this. I like him most of the time, but he is a lier and a cryer, and doesn't share toys or his mom with me. and if he doesn't get his way, he'll stop and slam doors. How can I get her to communicate and understand that he is part of the problem too? She's been staying with her parents on the weekends when mine is here and totally runs from these issues. How do I fix this problem? How can I get the boys to get along? How can I aid in helping her son grow up, sleep in his own bed, and stop blaming everything on my boy? This kid sleeps in my bed with her and growls at me when I try to cuddle her. Been doing the couch scene for a couple weeks now.