Books for kids on world countries...

mama1985

Jul 6, 2014
Dear fellow parents,

Would you buy your child an interesting book about a country? If so, what would you like the book to include? E.g. Flag, anthem, interesting facts (what type?) etc. Do you feel that there is a need for books to educate our kids in an interesting way about other countries and cultures? Please, share with the rest of us what you think of this idea, what would you include, and how much would you pay for it.

Many thanks for your opinions and suggestions!

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I bought my daughter Around The World: Children by Cecile Jugla, which is more like an atlas but it has a lot of illustrations and shows you how kids all over the world live, traditionally. It can have a stereotypical view sometimes, but it is more on the traditions.

If I were to get a book on one specific country then I would lean more towards one of our ancestral countries, like Ukraine, France or Ireland.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
As in a story book or non-fiction?

My kids have all borrowed junior non-fiction books on countries just because. There are a lot of them around.

As for how much I would pay, nothing, that's what libraries are for :p

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
Through out the years we acquired a lot of books but we also went to the library. I like going to Coles or Chapters because they have good sales. I don't like to spend more than $15 or $20 on anything unless it's that once in a lifetime special purchase.