Boy - AGE 13 a DAD!...

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
meow_173 said:
man...the mom is really starting to look like a village bicycle if you get my drift
It does start to sound that way. If it's true and it's not the kid's, maybe she hoped it was his because he seemed to be the nicest of the kids she'd had sex with.

Maybe. It's the only way I can see the act of telling this little boy that he's a father as anything but cruel.

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
<r><QUOTE author="Xero;81538"><s>
Xero said:
</s>Found it -<br/>
<br/>
Two other teenagers have told the News of the World that they could have fathered the child.<br/>
Both Richard Goodsell, 16, and Tyler Barker, 14, said they had slept with Chantelle at around the time she would have become pregnant...<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Where's the link? <E>;)</E><br/>
<br/>
I found a different one, seems to have been published after yours.<br/>
<br/>
<URL url="</s>Schoolboy father: Alfie Patten's girlfriend insists baby Maisie is his - Telegraph<e></e></URL>
<QUOTE><s>
</s>Chantelle Steadman, 15, who gave birth to Maisie Roxanne last week, said she and Alfie are in love, and that "there has been no-one else."<br/>
<br/>
The schoolgirl mum has spoken out after two other teenagers claimed they could be Maisie's father, amid allegations that boys were routinely allowed to spend the night in her bed.<br/>
<br/>
Chantelle, from Eastbourne, Sussex, told The Sun: "I love Alfie. I lost my virginity to him.<br/>
...<br/>
Chantelle's mother Penny Steadman, 38, said the claims that she has been intimate with a number of other boys are "horrible".<br/>
<br/>
She added: "I have never seen her so upset.<br/>
<br/>
"To know that people are saying things like that about her is destroying her." <br/>
<br/>
...<br/>
<br/>
Alfie's family said he may take a DNA test to settle the issue of paternity after two other boys, Richard Goodsell, 16, and Tyler Barker, 14, both alleged they could be Maisie's father.<br/>
<br/>
Tyler said: "It was routine for boys to stay over with Chantelle in her bed. But I only slept with her the once."<br/>
<br/>
Richard claims he had been in a relationship with Chantelle for several weeks around the time she conceived.<br/>
<br/>
He said: "My friends tell me the baby has my eyes – even my mum thinks so." <e>
</e></QUOTE>

Sounds like your typical high-school He-Said-She-Said nonsense, with the exception of the fact that there's a baby already born and it's international news.</r>

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I'm not looking up the link, because I don't care that much. I think it's obvious I wouldn't go out of my way to conjure up something like that.

All girls will say the same thing when accused of being slutty. "No I don't sleep around, I'm in love with this guy I'm not nasty."

Did you think she was going to say "Yeah it's true I kind of slept around, but I'd like Alfie to be the dad because he looks like a cute little fourth grader and he's sweet as opposed to that a-hole sixteen year old." :)

And did you think the mother would ever admit to allowing a boy to spend the night in her daughter's bed? That ought to make her look good to the world.

I'm not saying she and her mother aren't telling the truth for sure, but I will say which one looks more likely and it's not that little boy being the father. Don't you know anything about teenagers these days zeit? ;)

Honesty is not their policy.

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
Xero said:
I'm not looking up the link, because I don't care that much. I think it's obvious I wouldn't go out of my way to conjure up something like that.
I wasn't trying to imply anything of the kind. I just wanted to read the original story (I think I found it with "News of the World" and their names anyway - don't bother digging. ;) )

Xero said:
Don't you know anything about teenagers these days zeit? ;)

Honesty is not their policy.
Yup. As I said, "sounds like your typical high-school He-Said-She-Said nonsense."

Though she could be lying - and the fact that there's a prepubescent father with two considerably more mature potential alternatives on the scene doesn't help her case - it nonetheless occurs to me that it could be the boys who could be lying. Remember, Xero - they're teens too. As you say, "Honesty is not their policy." :)

Why? Got them in the international news, didn't it? Hell, it got them in the international news for saying "I scored with the village bicycle!" Doesn't have to be more deep than that.

Any one of them could be lying.

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
If nothing else, this story is a contrast of the English culture with the American one. When it happens in England, it's international news. When it happens in the US, it goes on Jerry Springer and everyone ignores it.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I certainly agree with that.

Anyway, Zeit all I'm saying is that the only way she can prove herself is through a DNA test.

And I don't know many boys that would want to claim a baby that wasn't theirs, news or no news.

I'm just siding with the more likely aspects of this story. ;)

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
Xero said:
And I don't know many boys that would want to claim a baby that wasn't theirs, news or no news.

I'm just siding with the more likely aspects of this story. ;)
I'm just saying anything's possible. These boys could have worked it out that they're not the father, that the paternity test would prove it and they'd get out of the situation free and clear but still having had their 15 minutes.

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
I was shocked and appalled by this story. I too noticed how young the boy looked and the girl was what, 14 when she got pregnant by him? (If it is indeed his baby) Kind of sounds like she could have slept with those other boys and intentionally picked Alfie out as a pawn after she figured out she might be pregnant.

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
Two 13-year-olds to become parents
As the international media expressed indignation over the news that an English boy of 13 became a father at the weekend, two Danish 13-year-olds are also expecting their first born.

TV2 news reports that the young teenagers from the island of Als, in southern Jutland, will become parents after the boy fathered the child when he was just 12.

Both were classmates in the Fryndesholm School in Fynshav, but the boy has recently changed schools as the girl no longer wants to have contact with him.

The principal, Arne Thorup, said that the school is now considering changing its guidelines for sex education, stating that the school was ‘shocked when informed that a 13-year-old girl was pregnant.’

The social and educational services of Sønderborg council are involved in the case; as is the vicar who is due to officiate at the girl’s confirmation in May.

‘Of course it’s a family affair,’ said Thorup, ‘but I can see how it could be a problem that someone is due to be confirmed and also give birth to a baby at the same time. It must be strange for the family.’

The girl’s family do not wish to talk to the media, but the boy’s mother has spoken out to JydskeVestkysten newspaper, saying that her son is being made into a scapegoat in the situation.

‘We informed our children about what is appropriate in a relationship as 13 year olds and things still went wrong. The situation can’t be changed now, what is done is done,’ said the mother. ‘I love my boy more than anything, though of course I don’t believe that children should be having children of their own.’

Last year, 995 babies were born to teenager mothers in Denmark.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
<I>The girl’s family do not wish to talk to the media, but the boy’s mother has spoken out to JydskeVestkysten newspaper, saying that her son is being made into a scapegoat in the situation.</I>

In Greek Mythology the only thing certain is the mother of a child. Of course she would say that her son is a scapegoat, but until a DNA test proves otherwise, she shouldn't have said this.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah, really it happens all the time. When I was in high school I was friends with a fifteen year old boy that had sex with his 12 (almost 13) year old girlfriend and got her pregnant right off the bat. They got an abortion, which I was very unhappy about but when all is said and done it wasn't my business. Doesn't mean I have to agree, but I didn't say much.

I knew three other thirteen year old girls while I was in high school that all had babies. Not sure how old the fathers were. These girls all looked so young though, they were so little. It was strange. I didn't even lose my virginity till I was sixteen! :p

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
That's nothing xero, I was nineteen when I lost mine. I can't believe there are 12 year olds out there having sex. :err:

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
gr8mom said:
(how do you make that buggeyed one again?)
When you're in "Advanced" (click "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page or "Quote" in any post to get there) there's a small panel of smilies on the right hand side of the posting window with a link for "More" at the bottom.

Click that, a small window should pop up. Expand it, and you've got access to dozens of extra smilies.

... or type ": err :" without the spaces. :err:
... or type ": yikes :" without the spaces if you prefer green. :yikes:

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
zeitgeist said:
When you're in "Advanced" (click "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page or "Quote" in any post to get there) there's a small panel of smilies on the right hand side of the posting window with a link for "More" at the bottom.

Click that, a small window should pop up. Expand it, and you've got access to dozens of extra smilies.

... or type ": err :" without the spaces. :err:
... or type ": yikes :" without the spaces if you prefer green. :yikes:
Thanks I fixed it.

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
&lt;r&gt;UPDATE! &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Uh, the update is that there will be no more updates. &lt;E&gt;:veryconfused:&lt;/E&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;URL url="&lt;/s&gt;The Associated Press: Judge rules to keep young father's story secret&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;
&lt;QUOTE&gt;&lt;s&gt;
&lt;/s&gt;LONDON (AP) — You can read the tantalizing tale but not its ending, a British judge has ruled.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
A media blackout was imposed Wednesday on reporting new details in the case of a 13-year-old boy who reportedly became father.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Headlines around the world last week screamed "Father at 13," describing how the boy fathered a healthy newborn girl with his 15-year-old girlfriend — a story that sparked debate over Britain's high teen pregnancy rate.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Then the plot thickened.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Two other boys claimed they could also be the father, prompting 13-year-old Alfie to submit to a paternity test that is pending.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
But under Wednesday's ruling, imposed by High Court Justice Florence Baron, journalists are prohibited from reporting any new details of the case — including any information that could prove or disprove Alfie's paternity.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Following a court hearing in private, a statement was read to reporters explaining the judge's reasons for making the order.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
It said part of the reason was the young ages of the mother and father, and that "the private and family life of the mother and her baby has been disrupted to such an extent that the judge was concerned about the mother and baby being unable to live a normal family life." The judge was also reportedly concerned about the privacy of Alfie and the other potential fathers.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Reporting restrictions are increasingly common in Britain where judges can impose blanket bans on publishing details of cases.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
Looks like they snuck one seedy update in before the lockdown:

13-year-old father Alfie the victim of cash scam, girlfriend's family friend says | teen father | dad at 13 | Chantelle Steadman | Alfie Patten | The Sydney Morning Herald | smh.com.au
Thirteen-year-old Alfie Patten is the victim of a scam, his girlfriend having been told to pretend he was the father of her baby so their families could strike lucrative deals with the media, a family friend has claimed.

Intense media scrutiny in the UK and around the world has focused on the East Sussex teen, who reportedly conceived baby Maisie with girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, who is 15. Alfie was 12 at the time and Chantelle was 14.

Both Alfie and Chantelle's parents are believed to have netted thousands of pounds in media deals, the Daily Mail said.

But a close friend of Chantelle's parents, Clive Sim, said Chantelle was told by her mother to say Alfie was the father so they could cash in on the story.

A number of other older teens have since claimed to be Maisie's father.

Mr Sim, 39, said the schoolgirl was ordered to keep quiet about sleeping with other boys so the story could be sold to newspapers for thousands of pounds, the Mail reported.
For heaven's sake.