Braces...

4chevyfans

Jun 22, 2007
Florida
Hello everyone.
Has anyone have a child with invisalign braces? We are thinking about these for our 15 yr. old son.
Anyway, if you have how are they?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I Have not, but I have had friends that have, and they seemed fine in high school., NOw this was 10 plus years ago so they may have changed lol

thx1138

PF Regular
Apr 1, 2008
My little sister had them, the only real problem she had with them was that for some reason they took on a purple tint and if she didn't wear them for a week or so She would have trouble putting them on.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah that's because they are similar to a retainer and need to be kept on about every day, or your teeth WILL move and they will be hard to put back on. I didn't have invisalign or anything, but I had braces in high school and they were followed by retainers (basically what invisalign is) I would say they probably work just fine, but you have to make sure your son is responsible enough to keep them on every day and not lose them or accidentally throw them out. I lost two pairs of retainers and I was 19 lol. Braces you can't take off and they don't give you a choice, which is better for kids, but everyone is different. Just make sure he's careful or you're going to be paying more than you want to replace them, or they wont work cause he'll forget to put them back in.

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
My 16 year old will be getting invisalign in a few months. He had regular braces when he was 11 and 12, but his teeth bottom have moved and he wants them straightened.

My son's orthodontist said that they don't give invisalign to kids under 16 because they are expensive and easy to lose.