Canadian Olympic Thread Eh...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I thought since most of us are going to be watching at least a little of the olympic's we should start a thread so we can make fun of Canada. Oppps that's not what I meant.

I love Canada cheap lobster, Cuban cigars, and high quality night life. It will be nice to see what the rest of the country looks like. Lets see, Snow,,,,,more snow,,,,,,and more snow. I'm guessing when you go to the store they have Handicap parking, Pregnant mother parking and Dogsled parking. It would be pretty easy to clean up after your dog. Just pick it up and go for three in the closest trash can.

I used to work in Detroit and drive across to Canada. It was like traveling from hell to Disney world.

Looks very pretty. Cold but very, very, pretty.

DW tells me you have to have a passport to travel back and forth now. Is that right??

Anyway this can be the thread to put you Olympic Canada comments.

Opening Ceremony in 5 min

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Yep you need a passport for Canada and Mexico..gone is the goinin' back and forth.

I just saw where the guy died on his luge trial run...i think that's what it was...hell of a way to start it off...80+ mph and hits a concrete wall...sad..very sad..

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
oh my goodness!!! thats so sad! and har har bssage!! there is only handicap and pregnant lady/ppl with kid parking.....and did you know they had to helicopter snow in for the olympics????? 10,000 dollars an hour!!! we have absolutely no snow, its flippin ridiculous!

Im listening to the opening ceremonies right now, not watching cuz im gaming haha. I dunno....im not really a fan of all the debt the olympics has put our province into....(i live 3 hours away from vancouver).

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Yeah that luge looks fun. But Jeeeez up to 90mph no steering. They keep showing that guy dying. I don't think that's cool. He has parents and such who I am sure don't want to watch that over and over again.

The USU coats sucked those George pillow coats. Worst in the group.

I always like the winter games. Probably because I think a fat a$$ like myself could ride something down a steep hill and win. And of course the women' s figure skating. Not because of the hot chicks though. Because of the precision athletes they are.

BTW I have some snow (cheap) I could sell ya.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I loved the opening, I don't normally wach but while flipping the channel's I got stuck there and never left, it ws visually beautiful! I loved the orca's floating across the floor that part will always stick out in my mind.

I have no snow to sell this year, we're like Canada and not getting any real snow to mention. I think we are going to get an early summer!

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
we missed it. :( didn't realize it was that time. but now that i know--i'm gonna make sure the girls get to see the ice skating. emmy loves that sort of stuff with all the music and "dancing" and chloe just does everything emmy does. lol:wub:
awful sad thing about that dude passing. like you bssage, i don't think they need to constantly show it. the family's privacy and pain they are feeling should be respected.:(
mom2many, i hope you enjoy the trip. you make it sound like ya'll are really looking forward to it.:)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
last night pairs figure skating.

is that one move called a "sow, cow"?

I told DW I was going to fling her around like that on our pond today.

Why are the girls so pretty and the men are almost gruesome??

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
we missed the ice skating, hope there's more of it. but somehow managed to catch a little of the curling this evening. how do ya even get into something like curling???

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
yeah I always wanted to be the right side sweeper. I would probably end up being the curling equivalent to the ball boy hauling around the teams curling rocks. I can just see myself schlepping them through the airport. Trying to stop them from ramming into the pet carrier's on the luggage carousel.

Who makes those rocks anyway? "Ya ve ave order for 12 of de rocks" Is that a job? How many time's can you slide a rock before you need a new one?

Do the really good sweeper's have special made brooms? Is there a holster or a hard case for traveling with them? I'm sure I would lose mine about the time you had to curl. "Hey where the hell is my broom!". I always forget where I put them down. Or DW would have taken it somewhere. Dam her

Do they go to the bar after "a curl?" and relive the highlights. "Did you see that stone vinnie slid? It was going left until I got my broom in front then it came to a easy stop."

I think we would make good sweepers. Kids would be big on the curling sweeper resume I would guess.

The Canadians probably have curling in high school. Kids get varsity letter for curling.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
bssage said:
yeah I always wanted to be the right side sweeper. I would probably end up being the curling equivalent to the ball boy hauling around the teams curling rocks. I can just see myself schlepping them through the airport. Trying to stop them from ramming into the pet carrier's on the luggage carousel.

Who makes those rocks anyway? "Ya ve ave order for 12 of de rocks" Is that a job? How many time's can you slide a rock before you need a new one?

Do the really good sweeper's have special made brooms? Is there a holster or a hard case for traveling with them? I'm sure I would lose mine about the time you had to curl. "Hey where the hell is my broom!". I always forget where I put them down. Or DW would have taken it somewhere. Dam her

Do they go to the bar after "a curl?" and relive the highlights. "Did you see that stone vinnie slid? It was going left until I got my broom in front then it came to a easy stop."

I think we would make good sweepers. Kids would be big on the curling sweeper resume I would guess.

The Canadians probably have curling in high school. Kids get varsity letter for curling.
I helped out with the Strauss Canada Cup of Curling for my moms work a few years back. (you should sooo google it ;) ). Curling is actually a pretty technical sport! I tried playing it, and i tell ya, those rocks are hard to throw, and its even harder to sweep without falling over! They replace rocks if they have chips or dents, but really they can be thrown however many times. Most brooms are generic, i dont know of any "special" ones. lol. And to tell you the truth, we did curling for Phys Ed in high school! Its quite the workout! But alas no varsity letter, haha.

After a team was done their game, they would congregate in the VIP area an discuss the game, and watch the others on the big screen.. it was quite awesome!!!

And feel free to poke fun at me...since im the canadian.....o_O

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
xox.ilu.xox said:
its even harder to sweep without falling over!

And feel free to poke fun at me...since im the canadian.....o_O
We also find it hard to do this in the states.

I would never poke fun:biggrin:

And now for a little extreme curling

<YOUTUBE id="n1TIj8Ix7VA" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1TIj8Ix7VA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1TIj8Ix7VA</YOUTUBE>

I have been watching a ton of utube videos. Do the have curling alley's like bowling alley's?

I could see hangin out throwing back some beers and flinging some stones.

I just noticed a little cussin in the first song. Keep the volume down.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
This is the kind of curling I like

<YOUTUBE id="dF3WfHWzzOU" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF3WfHWzzOU">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF3WfHWzzOU</YOUTUBE>

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Did anyone watch the mens figure skating last night. I know we have that thread about dance "gaying" kids. But jeeez, a couple of these guys had Pre Op written all over. I felt like I had clicked a bad link for a minute. Flaming comes to mind. They make the "Village People" look strait.

And I am not anti gay. It was just an observation.

How they can do the stuff they do and not get dizzy amazes me. Stuffing my old fat butt in those outfits would have a interesting result.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
Did anyone watch the mens figure skating last night. I know we have that thread about dance "gaying" kids. But jeeez, a couple of these guys had Pre Op written all over. I felt like I had clicked a bad link for a minute. Flaming comes to mind. They make the "Village People" look strait.

And I am not anti gay. It was just an observation.

How they can do the stuff they do and not get dizzy amazes me. Stuffing my old fat butt in those outfits would have a interesting result.

I have been a huge fan of ice skating for as long as I can remember but this year those outfits are horrible...whats wrong with just some pants and a shirt, like they used to wear, granted they were spandex but seriously does any man really need to wear feathers?

Oddly off the ice they are just regular guys, on the ice they morph into she men...sad really, cause thier skating is really nice but I get thrown off by the costumes.

I am with you on the spins, I would be laying on the floor loosing my lunch, but this is comeing form someone who can't ride a merry-go-round without getting extreemly sick!

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
It would have been nice to see someone force Shaun to bring his "A" game.

yeah whatever happened to MD?

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Music dad and I are on another site togather and he hasn't been on there in a while...last time he was on he mentioned something that was keeping him busy....but dang it I can't remember what??? I think a side buisness to teaching music...hhhhmmmm?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
The German Girls Curling team is complaining that when ever the Canadians score everyone cheers. But no one cheers when the Germans score. Dont tell her but <I>they are in Canada.</I>

Does canada have curling halls like bowling alleys?

Anyway anyone notice that some of the curling chicks are very hot.

Women's Skeleton. Dude that looks soooo cool. 87 mph. I want to do that.