Car Seats Save Lives... we are here....

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Trina... I <3 you!

This evening we drove through a green light ... another car ran the red light. Our truck rolled.

Our daughter is safe and sound because her car seat kept her tight and safe as the truck rolled over. Please, please, please... install them correctly and use those carseats!

GoodWolf and I are in a lot of pain but we are alive and it's amazing what a seatbelt can do. After tonight, I wish they would install 5 point harnesses for adults as well.

BookWyrm

Jul 25, 2008
Mississippi
I've been in a car that flipped over so know the pain. But thank god you have it and you and family are alive and not seriously hurt. I can only begin to imagine the terror for your child until you knew she was ok!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
YEAH!! Glad to hear you're all OK! I love stories like these! :) Unfortunately, I often hear tragic stories due to kids not being properly restrained. :(

Keep in mind that some injuries may not show up until a few weeks after the accident. Oh, and your DD will need a new car seat. They need to be replaced after a crash.

To get your car seats inspected and to learn how to properly install them visit a Child Passenger Safety Technician in your area.
Home | SeatCheck.org

More info here:
http://www.parentingforums.org/local_links.php?catid=32

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Thanks everyone.

That was a surreal experience to be gliding across the street with the pavement next to my head.

We are heading to the emergency room now. We are banged up pretty bad. I think I have a bruised rib and possibly a disclocated shoulder along with several bruises and scraps. HM's neck is killing her and she is also having back and side pain.

We will let you know what they say when we get home.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
I'm so glad you guys are ok! And let me know who to yell at for not taking you to the ER right away.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Oh my goodness!, I'm so happy you guys are ok. Are you guys ok, any serious injuries, or just badly bruised? Your poor DD must have been scared stiff though :( I'm angry for you at that other driver.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Oh my gosh I am so glad everyone is okay! How is the person who ran the red light? I hope they sustained as many injuries as you did *grr*

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Wow... I'm very happy that you guys are ok. Just one question though: Did you really take the time to come on PF and post before heading to the emergency room? :)

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
HM posted at midnight, GW posted at 9:30am, so I assume they came home, slept, woke up still sore, went to ER.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
why are you on here instead of taking care of yourselves!!!!???? I am so glad you are all okay and thankful to God for that. I hope everyone recovers quickly

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
DD is right as rain.

At the time of the accidennt the paramedics checked us both out and said we didn't have anything but bumps and bruises and to go to the emergency if we began feeling more than the expected soreness.

Sunday we called the emergency room and described our injuries and they said that they most likely wouldn't be able to see us. I guess you have to have something broken or bleeding.

This morning we called an attorney that has helped out my friend and he is going to take care of everything for us. He set us up with an appointment for a great doc. She looked us over and has scheduled for x-rays of HM's back, neck, hand, and knee as well as my shoulder and ribs. She thinks I most likely have a fractured rib.

Here are some pics of the car. They really don't show all the damage. After she t-bones us right behind DD's door we flipped onto the drivers side, slid for around 30 yard, hit the medium with the front panel and flipped in the air upright. We slid so fast that all it did was take off the window and scratch the paint. We are so lucky that it hit the curb just right and we didn't end up barrel rolling.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Heck no! It has three flat tires, and was leaking fluid. We had it towed and the little old asian lady that hit us had her car towed as well. We actually have her bumper in the bed of the truck.

HM's mom picked us up and has loaned us her old Jeep Cherokee until the insurance works everything out.