Car won't start :-(....

Aimee McIntyre

PF Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
My DH has had trouble with his car ever since last Tuesday, everytime he wants to use it, it won't start for him, same goes with anytime I have wanted to use it :-(.

It is a Ford Ka by the way.

He spends about half an hour each morning trying to get it to start but has had no luck.

Has anyone on here got any advice on what he can do because even jump starts aren't working? He doesn't want to have to get another car, he has only had this one for a year, he has had it towed to a garage but their computer isn't reporting any faults with the car so DH is baffled and irritated that it won't start.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
You need to take it to another mechanic, one who doesn't rely on a computer ;)

Part of me does want to say that part of the problem is most likely buying a Ka in the first place. They're not really known for being reliable.

Aimee McIntyre

PF Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
He did take it to a new mechanic and they found a fault with starter motor so they fixed it for him but when he went to pick up Kate from School, it wouldn't start again.

He is planning another car but isn't sure what to get, I fancy a Clio?

cg admin

Administrator
Oct 30, 2008
I know nothing about the Ford Ka, but if he likes Ford and would like to get another car I would highly recommend a Focus. Really sharp cars that are also reliable.

Aimee McIntyre

PF Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
Well, he spent an hour trying to get it to start this evening but still nothing so he had to have it towed from the School back to the house.

He is certainly getting a new car as he doesn't like not having a car, he is thinking of going for a Mondeo.

Aimee McIntyre

PF Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
He and Kate went to get a new car this afternoon.

Kate chose the car, she fancied a Peugeot 106, so he got it so at least he has got a car now, and one that starts.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Crazy thought, but wouldn't it make more sense to purchase a car based on quality, condition, and so on (I'm assuming you're buying used if you bought a 106) instead of what a 7yr old takes a fancy to?

That just seems like a really peculiar balance of power to me.

dannycraw4rd

PF Regular
May 30, 2014
I've faced this issue once in my life, It's a long time ago when I's in the same problem. It was Yaris and I's having the same issue it won't start. I towed it to a garage and there was an old mechanic with great experience so once he tried to check it out on their computer but when their computer doesn't works he checked it out manually and fix the issue. It took maximum 1 hour.

Last edited: