Changes...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Steven

This is what we agree with. If you have any questions feel free. Its just a outline of the forum with our wishlist of changes in blue. Thanks in advance.

The PF Mods

Parenting forum.org

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Parenting forum support area.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Introductions</LI>
    <LI>
  • Front page articles</LI>
    <LI>
  • General Chat</LI>
    <LI>
  • Veterans (300 min post count to view or post on this thread)
    [/COLOR]</LI>
</LIST>

Private Staff area

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Crowdgather Support &amp; Technically Issues</LI>
    <LI>
  • Mod talk</LI>
    <LI>
  • Moderation Functions</LI>
</LIST>

General Parenting Forums

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • General</LI>
    <LI>
  • Step Parenting</LI>
    <LI>
  • Education</LI>
    <LI>
  • Health/Nutrition</LI>
    <LI>
  • Parenting Products</LI>
    <LI>
  • Parenting Debate</LI>
    <LI>
  • Family Album</LI>
</LIST>

Developmental /Parenting Stages

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Pre-Conception</LI>
    <LI>
  • Pregnancy</LI>
    <LI>
  • Infant Toddler</LI>
    <LI>
  • Middle Childhood/Pre-Adolescence</LI>
    <LI>
  • Adolescence/Puberty</LI>
    <LI>
  • Young Adult</LI>
    <LI>
  • Special needs</LI>
</LIST>

Parenting news feeds

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Parenting Headlines</LI>
    <LI>
  • Children s Product recalls</LI>
</LIST>
Parenting Community Support

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Polls and queries (postings from educators and innovators)</LI>
    <LI>
  • WAHP links ( Links to help our Stay at home Mothers and Fathers to Stay at home.)</LI>
</LIST>
Please remove the five post min and change to first post intro only for the requirement.

xero has agreed to draft update for the rules

cg stephen

Support Team
Feb 15, 2008
On the new community support forums, will there be some sort of regulations there to prevent it from becoming a spam dump?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Not sure I understand the question.

We would have what is already in place upon registration. I dont know whats its called but its where you write the word in that picture box. Thats already there. The single post in the intro section we feel would accomplish what the five post rule does now. A spammer intent on getting us is, has, and likely will always be able to get in. But I think we watch close enough to knock them out with in a reasonable amount of time.

It is our belief that the single post will be as effective as the five post and reduce significantly nonsense post that are produced just to comply with the 5 post rule.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Is there a way where us mods would have to preapprove the links before they can be placed in there? It would be a big deal to me.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I think the last new forum should be polls and surveys personally, just because it will make the people coming with surveys (something we have more of than polls or anything else) have an easier time knowing where to put them. Sorry I didn't see that in the revising thread for some reason or I would have said something then.

cg stephen said:
On the new community support forums, will there be some sort of regulations there to prevent it from becoming a spam dump?
I think I know what you mean. Do you mean the survey and SAHP links forums? We can make stickies for those specifying what is allowed and what isn't, and also we will all keep an eye on it and moderate it appropriately.

cg stephen

Support Team
Feb 15, 2008
Just an update. I had our business manager look at the proposed changes and the link forum and they cane back with these required guidelines of what can be placed there:

Forum not visible to not logged in members
Members must have 10 posts to post a link in the WAHP forum
Limit the post to 500 characters
Do not allow images in the post

Please incorporate that in the rules that are being drafted.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I missed this reply from CG Stephen. Thought I would bump in case anyone else missed it