Chaos in the Backseat? Pets too!...

sheriberry

Nov 26, 2015
Hi everyone :)

I only recently joined the forum but have been a reader for a few weeks now. Right now I have two sons (12 and 10) along with our new Golden Retriever puppy who is 16 weeks. When he was smaller the boys often played with him and cuddled him in the backseat while driving, but since he's gotten bigger and more rambunctious this just doesn't seem like an option anymore. We've already tried having him sit and strapping him into a doggy seatbelt but he continues to wiggle and practically hang himself off the seats and is getting much too big period to always be in the back with the boys who don't have enough room. Has anyone used a pet barrier before for their dogs? Does it damage the interior of your vehicle? Our vehicle is a Honda CRV 2011.

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
My mom used to have the dog ride in the front if she wasn't listening to sit for the whole ride.
It takes tremendous patience and perseverance to train a dog to sit properly and still in a vehicle. Just do what you feel you need to do. If you have concerns take the barrier to a car repair place or mechanic or even the local fire department. They should be able to show you how to place a barrier in your car properly just like they show new parents how to put in baby seats properly

sheriberry

Nov 26, 2015
Thanks for the replies :) I've talked to some of my coworkers and they actually recommended a barrier like this one https://www.travall.ca/pet-barrier that I think me and my hubby might buy. I don't think our dog will ever stop trying to climb onto the boys otherwise, she just loves them too much!

Jerseyknox

May 19, 2020
Consciousness and pain are subjective and it is difficult, if not impossible to decisively prove their existence in an organism. But, since almost all animals behave just like human beings when subjected to changes in their environments, it is safe to assume that they're indeed sentient. Nobody was ever able to objectively prove that humans are sentient, the only proof being their declaration that they are https://www.animalpicturesociety.com/pictures-of-plant-eating-animals-6bfd/2-f029e8/ . I can't be sure if you are sentient. Should I be eating you like I eat a carrot? We have no way of finding out if human babies, which are incapable of speech, are sentient. Should we be slaughtering them for food? If you do not understand the fundamental difference between an animal and a plant, you seriously need some help!