Child Nudity at Grandparents

Should my daughter be allowed to stay at my parents house again?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes but take a break for a while and establish better boundaries

• Total voters

Jrandall

Aug 28, 2020
Hi all. New member here and registered just to ask the below. I appreciate the long read and help.

I am looking for help and opinions of some people on this forum as there was a recent incident that has affected and divided my wife and I pertaining to our daughter. I am going to present the most factual events of this and I would like you to weigh in if you deem this appropriate, inappropriate, harmful, etc.

Situation:
My daughter just turned 4 years old. We are not that naked of a household although before bath time she will run around to show mommy her naked booty or what have you but generally at least always have underwear on. She was recently at my biological parents house and they live near the beach so they went there every day. When they got home, being a 4 year old she was completely covered in sand so they would hose her off outside, then bring her inside the house to do a shower and get the rest of the sand off. They would then let her be naked for a longer period of time. This was more than just going to the room after the bath to get dressed, she would be upstairs, sit in a chair and at one point she was crawling on my fathers back, completely in the nude. She generally seemed to be having a good time, my parents took pictures to show me but they were not sharing with anyone other than my wife and I.

I am an only child and a male so my parents have never had a daughter. I showed my wife the pictures and I thought nothing of it, just thought of a 4 year old being naked. My wife however was extremely perturbed, disgusted, and thought it was extremely inappropriate. That day when they dropped her off I told them to stop having her be so naked and she needs to get dressed at least in underwear right after.
Now moving forward my wife does not want to have my daughter stay at my parents house ever again. These are the facts and I would like you to weigh in based on what you think. I am under reacting, should this be treated more seriously, etc.

Mamta

Oct 1, 2020
hi..I personally feel you should teach your daughter about how to take care of her body..about her privacy and also that she should only be like that infront of her parents..that to preferably in front of her mom only..explain her that her body has some private parts which are not suppose to be seen by anyone else than her mom..or only very trust female with her moms gives permission to..I would also suggest you to make it an habit of explaining her that she should be coming in front of you only after she has covered her private part..this way she will herself will be aware and will not play around without clothes..this way you will teach her how to take care on herself and also of her body..this will also help you in future..also your wife won't have any issues if she do stay with her grandparents..all the best..be blessed