Children crying all time (ages 1 and 3)

AllenB2020

Nov 22, 2020
I am reaching out to anyone here that has any experience with the above. I'd be blunting the truth if I didn't say I was at my wits' end. My wife and I are dealing with toddlers that cry all the time - especially my daughter who is one.

We try to maintain a calm household - my wife and I avoid fighting or raising our voices too much. TV is allowed sparingly. I guess my kids are anxious? My son, it remains to be seen - might admittedly have neurological issues or we suspect he might be autistic (he is three).

If anyone has any similar experiences, then I'd like to hear it. I'm a bit warned out and just feel alone, and a bit envious of other seemingly "normal" families. I keep asking, where did I go wrong with my household?

Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
What do you mean by "crying all the time"? What is the reason? It may depend on the age of the child, the level of the stress, what happens, and how the child perceives everything. My youngest son can cry if the napkin on the table is on the wrong side. I am afraid of it. Have you consulted with a psychologist?

Alldaydaddy

Jan 17, 2021
alldayparenting.com
I think a lot of the crying has to do with the ages and possibly certain times in their lives. With our 2nd (2-3 years old at that time) child, there's been a few different periods of time (phases) that he would cry all the time. We knew he was a little more sensitive to things compared to his older sister but it about minor things for the most part. Right now our 3rd (almost 2) is going through a point that we could just look at her and whisper "no" and she will start crying. Heres an article How to get a kid to stop crying over everything that might help. If things continue, talk to your pediatrician to see what they might recommend or say about the matter.