Children's Tylenol Recall...

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
<r>Hey everyone. Long time. The baby is doing great, she's an absolute delight... life gets in the way of digital stuff, wouldn't you know. <E>:)</E><br/>
<br/>
But I thought I should bring this up the second I saw it.<br/>
<br/>
<URL url="</s>Liquid Tylenol recalled | news-press.com | The News-Press<e></e></URL>
<QUOTE><s>
</s><B><s></s>Liquid Tylenol recalled<e></e></B><br/>
<br/>
Staff and wire reports • September 25, 2009 <br/>
NEW YORK — Johnson & Johnson’s McNeil unit said Thursday it is voluntarily recalling 57 lots of infants’ and children’s liquid Tylenol products because of possible bacterial contamination.<br/>
<br/>
The products being recalled were made between April and June and include almost two dozen Tylenol medications.<br/>
<br/>
A random check of Southwest Florida stores Thursday evening found the products still on shelves.<br/>
<br/>
In three Walgreens and two CVS stores in Fort Myers and North Fort Myers, most of the recalled brands were available.<br/>
<br/>
But they likely won’t be stocked for long.<br/>
<br/>
Robert Elsinger, a spokesman for Walgreens, said he expected the recalled products to be removed quickly. He also said Johnson & Johnson representatives will visit stores to make sure all the lots are taken out.<br/>
<br/>
At a CVS on U.S. 41, employees said as soon as they get a corporate e-mail about the recall, they’ll immediately remove the products. <br/>
<br/>
...<br/>
<br/>
An inactive ingredient didn’t meet internal testing requirements, the company said, and B. cepacia bacteria were detected in a portion of raw material that went unused in the finished product.<br/>
<br/>
The company said in a letter that no bacteria were found in the finished product, and that the likelihood of a serious medical event is remote. However, in consultation with the Food and Drug Administration, the company decided to recall the products.<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Just FYI. The story doesn't list the lot numbers.</r>

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Interesting! Thanks Zeit. Luckily I usually use Ibuprofin for Eli, but I occasionally will use Tylenol. And I know its really widely used. Creepy!!

Glad to hear the baby girl is doing well. :)

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
the equate acetaminophen is not involved i hope. tylenol brand is a little more expensive so we've been using generic.
thanks for this, i looked yesterday and couldn't find anything out about generic being included. i did check the site, it does have the lot nos. and the hotline---busy as you'd expect.