Chloe's teacher dammit...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
So today was Chloe's "IEP" meeting at school. For those that dont know that is Individualized Education Plan. The wife couldnt attend and I had to take two days off to be able to make it. Very important meeting that we have twice a year it has everyone involved in Chloe's education from her teacher to her music therapist. Including school psychologist and representatives from the admin and Lee county area education. I am always armed for bear. Ready to do battle usually with the admin.

But this was different. We had the normal meeting setting goals reviewing accomplishments. And trying to prepare for the next year when Chloe will attend a different grade school due to restructuring which grades attend what schools.

At then end of the meeting Chloe's teacher Lori Brewer. Said I made a little video of Chloe since this is her last year. She went on to say . " Chloe has been with me for four years and to be honest. I was initially afraid not knowing what to expect. But I am at a point that I love Chloe and will miss her so much I wanted to do something."

So we watch a 5 or 10 minute video that she personally made with her new found Apple video skills.

Son of a bitch. I really did not plan to cry when I walked into the school this morning. Jeeez, I am a grown man. And I am in a group of strangers. When she sends the video I will try upload.

Dude's and Dudette's I am like completely worthless right now.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
That is beyond sweet! Ted's special resource teacher, didn't make a video, but took all of his school stuff; report cards, letters from teachers, anything that was done since elementary and put it in a file. Ted loves it...

I can't wait to see it!

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Awesome!! I know all about those IEP's. I always go into them thinking the worst and they always describe my son as some kid I dont even know! I guess he's a sweetheart when he's not around his parents!
It sounds like Chloe is doing good and making a good impression on the teachers. Its always good when you see how the teachers care.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww that is just so sweet! I could cry just thinking about it. haha

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
^^^what Xero said!

It's so cool when we have those kinds of caring people in our kid's lives.