DAN md for Autism...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Went to a DAN md today.

She is a MD who is currently praticing internal medicine. She had all of the right answers which kinda spooks me a little. She developed a plan and thinks we can get DD on the proper path in very short order.

She tells us she has trained with DAN but that she doesnt subscribe to "all" of thier methods. That she tailors to the individual rather following a strict guidline.

She has a son who is severely autistic and is one of the few, if not the only med profesional who really knows what were dealing with.

She has this machine which DD grabs that measures things in her system (metals ect) I'm kinda suspect of this magic machine (I call it that because I dont understand how it works.) The theory being that she does not properly process nutrients which really is a pretty common theory amoung the Autistic community. And one I can wrap my brain around. We have kits to mail poop (sorry stool) and urine samples to a lab for testing along with folical samples. This I like much better than the "magic machine". Not sure how to mail poop just yet but I guess I am going to find out.

I should say. She like many others speak highly of that Sunrise program that was mentioned a couple of threads ago. But also like me is not sure it is for everyone.

Anyway I will update from time to time. I think (just me) that she is planing to take some proven courses of action and blend them into a program that she feels will be succesful for Chloe.

She has cautioned us that when the fog clears Chloe will progress through the normal stages of childhood quickly (terribible two's, testing boundries ect) and that it will be a challenge for DW and myself. Which is also scarry for me because right now in my eye DD has a pass on most things and can do not wrong.

I hope were on the right track. Keep your fingers crossed for Chloe.

DAN=Defeat Autism Now

Ps Its kinda scary thinking that I may lose daddys little girl who needs him for everything all the time.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
it cant be easy dealing with autism. i really hope the new ?program? works for you guys.
more good luck wishes. :) and i hope the normal stages thing isn't too rough on ya'll either.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I'm so happy for you guys!! Hopefully everything will work out miraculously for Chloe. There's nothing better than finding the right doctor, and one who actually cares. Good luck. :)