Dane is AWESOME!!...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Dane graduated on Friday June 3! He spent the weekend with Dylan, Jon, and Billy (they named it the 1st annual "Brother Weekend Party") at the beach.

Also, Dane was planning on officially joining the military this Friday but he couldn't wait so he did it today :). And he his walking around the house INSISTING we no longer call him Dane, but refer to him with his official title "Seaman Miglioranzi". :rolleyes:

He leaves for Naval Academy in a little over 2 weeks, so he is spending a lot of time at home with us and with Brittany's family. School won't start for him until August but depending on how his Plebe Summer goes he may not be able to come home before he starts classes.

He's super excited, I kind of am too, except for the fact he will be so far away. Oh well, that's what planes were made for.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Congratulations!!! He certainly is a successful kid, he's really got things planned out! Good for him. :) My heart would be just breaking to see him go though!! :(

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
sorry, I missed this earlier.

Great job Dane! I'm guessing the people he'll be training with shortly will have less flattering names form him, so probably good that he get some respect for his title while he can...;-)

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Ya know, as I sit here and think about Dane...what a story. I mean, it wasn't that long ago when we heard about him and his mounting issues....this young man has come a very long way in a very short amount of time. Seriously, it's a very inspirational story....it will be fun to sit and see where he goes with his life. :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Dadu2004 said:
Ya know, as I sit here and think about Dane...what a story. I mean, it wasn't that long ago when we heard about him and his mounting issues....this young man has come a very long way in a very short amount of time. Seriously, it's a very inspirational story....it will be fun to sit and see where he goes with his life. :)
and a testatment to what a caring family can do when they chose not to give up on a kid. Some parents might has written him off as too troubled, too old to change, and while Christian didn't exactly "make" him into who he's become, he and Amber really provided the environment and guidance to allow him to grow into what he is. Well done parents!

Last edited:

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
IADad said:
and a testatment to what a caring family can do when they chose not to give up on a kid. Some parents might has written him off as too troubled, too old to change, and while Christian didn't exactly "make" him into who he's become, he and Amber really provided the environment and guidance to allow him to grow into what he is. Well done parents!
Amen to that.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Ok, now i'm blushing :eek:. We really didn't do much, he wanted to quit and get better....And Dylan beat the crap out of him and said he'd do it again if he didn't quit :rolleyes:

dave

PF Regular
Jun 17, 2011
ah seamen, they see the world if i would have been as driven at the age of 18.

RegalSin

Banned
Sep 3, 2011
So it is okay for an 18 year old to be around a bunch of violent men, playing with guns, and other devices.

But is not okay for an 18 year old to decide to have kids, to move out on their own, and what nots.

I know a "Seaman" who is in the middle east, and have no criminal charges against him. I know that any military officer is just like anybody else, and will follow the crowd like anybody else.

Go Dane! Just remember he is part of the other millions of Dane's out their.
Anything could happen.