Daughter and bikini problem...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I get it, it does make sense to me. The whole thing looks pretty weird. What I'm saying is that there's not a whole lot I can do. If everybody wants us to, we can close the thread. I can't really ban the user unless they do something harmful to the forum though, so I'll keep my eye out and that's about all I can do.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Regardless of the intent of the thread. It was intriguing non the less.

C2B we got your point the first reply. Were good now. You should be able to sleep well tonight.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
It is probably something that ALOT of parents go through, so it would make sense if alot of similar stories popped up all over the internet. Theres no way of proving that this woman is real or not.

I mean hey, do I need to bring up the time that someone posted something on here and was assumed a troll, was deleted and then I worked out that I knew her? (well assumed, not exactly confirmed that it was the woman I was thinking of, but damn, how many Daphne's who have run off to live with their boyfriends who work in garden centers are there in the world?)

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
i agree about the troll issue. yeah, could a been one. but probably aint.

the issue is one that parents need to deal with all the time. the responses given can help someone so it wasn't exactly a waste of our time.
y/a is full of trolls. unless ya like stuff like tv and music or gardening there's not a whole lot of reason to be on there. its nearly a waste of time because of so many trolls.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
The only reason I said it was the troll was because <FONT font="Verdana">"sliding triangle tops" "side tying bottoms" the Y!A troll along with tania uses this phrase over and over again through out the question. The Y!A was a legit troll and this one is very similar.

And yes Yahoo has A LOT of trolls but I go and post and ask in Adolescent and Parenting.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
Oh and cutting up and destroying the bikini...how many parents have this SAME situation, use those terms and talk about cutting up and destroying the bikini or sewing it together...

If multiple parents have had this same exact situation and story ill be a monkeys uncle

Klissop

Jun 30, 2020
I can argue with you, as I know there are many different models of ladies swimwear, including bikinis for girls, that don't draw too much unnecessary attention to the body of a teenager. I'm sure that teenagers are very afraid to stand out from the crowd, to be different from their peers, that is, not to know the news that is relevant to their social group, to dress not fashionable, to have a different hobby from their classmates, in a word, to be out of trend. Perhaps you need to talk to your daughter to understand what is the reason that, out of so many swimwear options, she chose something too sexy and defiant. But be careful, as she may perceive your displeasure at the expense of her body. This can lead to complexes and years of psychotherapy.

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
I have to say to the other members who might be worried about posting on old threads - personally, I love it! I've already gotten so many ideas for the future with my daughter (if this conversation ever comes up. I was never into bikinis myself but my daughter very well could be)

If it is against the rules to revive old threads I hope we can petition to remove that rule!

GerbertJ

May 21, 2021
I believe that it is necessary to discuss this question and explain why it is not okay at this age.