Declutter and Rotate Toys for Your Kid

Lisa gili

Jul 14, 2021
Today too many choices just overwhelm a kiddo. They end up flitting from toy to toy but never actually playing with any of them or keeping amused. It's frustrating and sometimes make us mad that toys are all over the room, but none of them are what children want to play.
One day I cleared out some of the toys that my child hasn't been playing with. Put them in the attic or the back of the closet, and left them for a few weeks. When I brought them out, a few at a time, my child greeted them with renewed interest. A big surprise.

Reactions: Moonstone

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
Today too many choices just overwhelm a kiddo. They end up flitting from toy to toy but never actually playing with any of them or keeping amused. It's frustrating and sometimes make us mad that toys are all over the room, but none of them are what children want to play.
One day I cleared out some of the toys that my child hasn't been playing with. Put them in the attic or the back of the closet, and left them for a few weeks. When I brought them out, a few at a time, my child greeted them with renewed interest. A big surprise.
Great advice! Thank you. What age is/are your kids?

Chugaster

Mar 25, 2024
Been there, done that! It's like a whirlwind of toys without any real fun happening. I tried something similar with my kiddo's toys too. Stashed away some for a while, then brought them out gradually. It's amazing how it sparked their interest again! It's all about finding that balance. Reminds me of when we stumbled upon https://nerfinfo.com/why-the-best-super-soaker-water-gun-is-a-summer-must-have. My kid's eyes lit up, and suddenly, it was all about outdoor play and adventure.

Last edited: