Diaper Free!...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
So I just wanted to share how proud I am of my DS who is now 100% diaper and pull up free! He has been potty trained since around 2 1/2 but still in diapers at night up until recently (he's 3 1/2 now). When we first started trying to train him, he did amazing and was dry every night for about a week in pull ups. Then for some reason he started having accidents like almost every night out of nowhere, and unfortunately even the night time absorbant pull ups do NOT hold this boy's pee in lol so I ended up changing his sheets and jammies a lot in the middle of the night, which wasn't fun for anybody.

Since I wasn't sure if he was ready for this in the first place, and I'm not a big fan of trying to be pushy about these things or turning them into a big frustration - I just put him back in diapers. I figured he just wasn't ready to do it. Strangely enough, after I put diapers back on him he must have spent at least a month waking up EVERY SINGLE MORNING completely dry lol! Not ONE wet morning diaper, ever! And out of nowhere he started waking us up in the middle of the night to have us help him put his diaper back on because he had taken it off to go to the potty! hahaha. At this point all I could do was scratch my head. After at least a month of all of these obvious signs, he asked me again if he could wear underwear to bed. I said, you know what sure!!

So for about a week now, he has been wearing big boy underwear to bed every night and waking up dry every single morning! Some nights he wakes up all on his own to go to the bathroom, getting out of bed and going to the bathroom and then getting back in bed and going back to sleep all by himself, no questions asked (the only reason I even know about it is because I am such a light sleeper and our bedrooms are so close together, I hear him get up). I think it really helps that I put a fairly bright night light in the bathroom so he doesn't have to fuss with the light at all.

I am so proud of him!! He's such a good boy. :cute: <3

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
YAY Eli!!!

It's so nice when you no longer have to change them, of course next you'll have the baby but enjoy the diaper duty break!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thanks guys! He is getting so big, I love it but I can't stand it!! :( lol

And yeah I get a 8 week or so break from diapers hahaha. But at least I will only have one in diapers at a time, that's what seemed cool to me! :)