Diaper Genie's...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Been a long time since I had one. But for some reason it sticks in my mind as a complete waste of money.

It maybe took as a couple of months to see that it was just as easy to seal a diaper to itself and chuck in the trash can as it was to have a separate container complete with separate product specific bags. Its also difficult to hit a three pointer from across the room. In the grapefruit sized opening. I could hit the trash can from the living room over the island into the kitchen.

And if you dead set on getting one of these. Yard sales throw them around like "parade candy" .

IMHO use the money you were going to spend on the Diaper Genie on diapers or wipe's. You really cant ever have two many of these.

Last edited:

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
its a small container with a hinged lid. It has a continuous feeding bag. You push the diaper in and it twist the bag as you push down. It is set for the next one. When it is full: you have this snake like bag of diapers.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Plastic bags come free when you purchase groceries. I agree: just place the diaper in a plastic bag and throw it in the regular garbage. The only reason to separate garbage is if you're recycling, and as far as I know, no one recycles disposable diapers.

ETA: I can't respond to a diaper thread without promoting gDiapers. You can just flush them! They're the best!

Last edited:

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
See what I don't understand is people buy these things and then store poo and wee in their houses, erm, why not store that outside in a bin. I guess for some people theres nothing quite look storing food and poo in the same room.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Very cool AK (I searched them). That is what I'm talkin bout. I had never heard of those before this thread.

If I see a recommendation from someone who is not "A one post wonder" I am checkin it out. We all need to do more of that.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I had one, I didn't buy it, thought it was great for a newborns diapers but beyond that it was a waste. I gave it away, I actually buy the dog poop bags from the dollar store and put the diapers in there. No stink..

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Maybe is just a favorable memory. But it seems to me with the stretchy Velcro diapers. I was able to to use a full one (like a taco shell bowl) and place the used wipes in it. Seal it well enough to be Crank it so hard it would go off the island, bank onto the refrigerator, and roll off the stove, into the trash pile on the floor.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
bssage said:
Maybe is just a favorable memory. But it seems to me with the stretchy Velcro diapers. I was able to to use a full one (like a taco shell bowl) and place the used wipes in it. Seal it well enough to be Crank it so hard it would go off the island, bank onto the refrigerator, and roll off the stove, into the trash pile on the floor.
Remind me to never eat anything from your kitchen...

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
bssage said:
Gulp! :wideeyed:

I use to wrap those things in a plastic bag than a brown paper bag and throw them into an outside pail far from nose central. YIKES hated that business. :eek: